Setting the maximum fire range

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

116Pz

Setting the maximum fire range

Post by 116Pz »

Can you tell me how to set the maximum fire range for each of my units or how to set not to fire until I order to start firing?
I usually play NATO side against AI.My troops open the fire at very long range very often though I want them(especially infantry units without ATGM)to ambush the enemy at 500m range or so.Even recce units fire at very long range to notice their location! I just want them to watch the enemy….

Anyway,I really enjoy this game.I thought SPMBT was the best Cold War era tactical war game,but now I believe FPC is.I’m looking forward to see the reliese of Southern Storm!
CapnDarwin

Re: Setting the maximum fire range

Post by CapnDarwin »

In Red Storm, the units control their fire ranges, and the AI will hold fire for better ambush-style attacks if units are in cover (woods/city). We have added some range-setting SOPs in the new game engine for Southern Storm for a bit more control of those situations and improved the AI and command and control elements for much quicker local reactions. Recon units can sit quietly and nearly be overrun and not be seen or move away to stay safe.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
116Pz

Re: Setting the maximum fire range

Post by 116Pz »

Thank you for your reply. I got it. I’m expecting great things from Southern Storm :D

Return to “Tech Support”