Suggestions for next update

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Toby42

RE: Suggestions / requests

Post by Toby42 »

I have trouble seeing the color schemes when a HQ is selected and finding the sub-ordinate units. Some are Ok and some are hard to see. Same thing with finding all units of a division. The highlighting is hard to find at times. Also during the snow turns I find it hard to see what hexes a unit can move to?

Maybe it's my eyes? I haven't read where anyone else is having problems with this [8D]
Tony
Templer_12

Bad color schemes. Not bright and crisp

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Treale

I have trouble seeing the color schemes when a HQ is selected and finding the sub-ordinate units. Some are Ok and some are hard to see. Same thing with finding all units of a division.

Maybe it's my eyes? I haven't read where anyone else is having problems with this [8D]

No, it's not you eyes!
Provided we do not both use the same pair of eyes! [8D]

The color schemes are almost useless.
They idea ist right but these color edges, lighten up when you select a HQ or a regiment are are not bright enough! [:(]
WitE doning a much better job on this. It's bright and crisp there! thats the way to go.
Templer_12

RE: Bad color schemes. Not bright and crisp

Post by Templer_12 »

deleted
stormbringer3

RE: Bad color schemes. Not bright and crisp

Post by stormbringer3 »

I'd like to see Mountain units have a move and/or combat bonus in the appropriate terrain.
Templer_12

Suggestions / requests

Post by Templer_12 »

Suggestions / requests

Why we may deploy airfields only in smaller towns and villages and not in an open area?
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

Suggestions

Reinforcements HQ attachement choice: whenever you place reinforcements there could be an OOB screen popping up where you can choose the HQ of the new unit.

i currently play the soviet in a pbem and have to reinforce Rostow. there are several HQ there and it is always assigned to the nearest. it makes things complicated: placing units, reassigning them paying readiness and PP to do so.
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Grotius

A couple minor suggestions:

1. While the Soviet AI is playing its turn, I can see its Prestige goals on the map. At least, I think I can. I see various cities with PR points in red, and they don't correspond with my goals. Vic, would you consider hiding this prestige info from the player, to preserve fog of war? I don't think I'm supposed to know what my opponent's Prestige goals, am I? Not a big deal.

excellent point! putting this on the list for v1.03
ORIGINAL: Grotius and Keunert

2. When I play a reinforcement card, it automatically assigns the new unit to whatever HQ happens to be closest to the chosen city. Often I end up "gaming" which city to choose to avoid sticking the unit with a politically-connected HQ that will cost Political Points to leave. Any chance we could manually assign a reinforcement's HQ when it arrives?

Yes i agree the current way is cumbersome. I'll investigate if i can make some improvement here for v1.03.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Templer

Suggestions / requests

Why we may deploy airfields only in smaller towns and villages and not in an open area?

Its an abstraction. That also gives the towns some more importance.

For modders: It is possible to make a card similair to 'fortification' that will build an airbase on a hex.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

@Treale,
Looking into if i can make the colors a bit more clear.
marion61

Post by marion61 »

I'm not sure how doable this suggestion is, but here goes. I would like to see the higher hq's give out objectives other than just cities if possible. As it is now there really is no reason to use your Intel card since you can easily guess where your opponents objectives are. I would love to see objectives given to take an essential bridge crossing or rail hex. Take for instance Voronosh. Taking this city for the Axis gives them 8 PP. Assigning ob's that would help you to cut off the city would keep your opponent guessing where you are actually going to attack. Of course they know your after Voronosh, so they just pile the units into the ob and wait for you to try. Maybe HQ's could assign 3 1pt objectives (minor) and Voronosh it's self would be worth 5pts. This would also negate the all or nothing approach ob's have at the moment.

There are so many key bridges/roads/rail lines on the map that it would keep your opponent guessing as to where your axis of attack will actually come from.
Templer_12

Suggestions / requests and a complaint

Post by Templer_12 »

Complaint [:@]

Vic, the letters are still too small! They are hard to read!
Playing a longer time, reading becomes very hard on the eyes.

Suggestions / requests

Hex coloring like in Advanced Tactics
abulbulian

RE: Suggestions for next update

Post by abulbulian »

Please add Rom 3rd and 4th Army HQs to the game:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3169044&mpage=1&key=&#3169924
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I find that the volume in the game to be fairly high....as I realize that may be a symptom of my own setup, is there a way you could put a half-volume toggle, or maybe a volume slider for the game?
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

I find that the volume in the game to be fairly high....as I realize that may be a symptom of my own setup, is there a way you could put a half-volume toggle, or maybe a volume slider for the game?

scheduled for v1.03!
Bonners

Post by Bonners »

Having now got a good way through my first campaign I'd like to add support to the suggestion above about colour schemes. A more varied colour palette would be useful in the grand campaign. Specifically I'd like the colours for different corps to be a bit brighter. When you select what looks like a bright colour it is dulled down a bit in game. It looks more pleasing aesthetically that way, but these old eyes would like some lurid, bright colours.
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

A way to highlight all units that have enough AP's to perform an action would be nice.

Lots of times I only finish 1/2 a turn then come back a day or two later. It takes me a while to check through all my units to who has moved and who has not when I get back to playing.
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: James Ward

A way to highlight all units that have enough AP's to perform an action would be nice.

Lots of times I only finish 1/2 a turn then come back a day or two later. It takes me a while to check through all my units to who has moved and who has not when I get back to playing.

Actually there is already a shading mechanism in place:

no shade: not moved yet, can still move
half shade: moved, but still moves left
full shade: moved and no moves left.

best,
Vic
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

ORIGINAL: Vic

ORIGINAL: James Ward

Actually there is already a shading mechanism in place:

no shade: not moved yet, can still move
half shade: moved, but still moves left
full shade: moved and no moves left.

best,
Vic

I figured that out but it only seems to effect the top unit in a stack. It would be nice if the hex could be highlighted to show a unit in it still has ap's left.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

No..it effects all the units. But not all units in a division (stack) will necessarily have 100AP to start. So if you move as a stack, it will move at the speed of the slowest unit. It will be the one on top, showing greyed out, the others will be more subtley greyed. I find it obvious when I am using LIST to select units to attack a hex..then I can readily see the difference between the artillery that fired (completely greyed out), the units that attacked a different hex (slightly greyed out) and the ones I want to use with fullish AP...not greyed out at all.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

No..it effects all the units. But not all units in a division (stack) will necessarily have 100AP to start. So if you move as a stack, it will move at the speed of the slowest unit. It will be the one on top, showing greyed out, the others will be more subtley greyed. I find it obvious when I am using LIST to select units to attack a hex..then I can readily see the difference between the artillery that fired (completely greyed out), the units that attacked a different hex (slightly greyed out) and the ones I want to use with fullish AP...not greyed out at all.

What I mean is you only see the top unit in a stack so if you move a unit to a hex that has units in it to start but then save the game, when you restart th top unit shows it has moved but it doesn't show the ones below haven't. When I restart a saved game that I didn't finish a turn on, it takes while to see what hex has units that have AP's left.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”