Thinking of buying: How is the real-time multiplayer?

Shock Force 2 brings you to a hypothetical conflict in Syria between the forces of NATO and the Syrian Army. Play either on WeGo or Real Time in an incredibly detailed and realistic 1:1 tactical simulation.
Solaristics

Thinking of buying: How is the real-time multiplayer?

Post by Solaristics »

As the title says, how has people's experience been with the real-time multiplayer mode with this game?
z1812z

RE: Thinking of buying: How is the real-time multiplayer?

Post by z1812z »

Well the CM engine is quite flexible. Most people I know play by email. You really would be better off posting your question on the Battlefront CMSF2 Forum.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Its functionally fine, but based on BFC's philosophy of playing aids, its actually hard to play anything but fairly small scenarios. Because of the micromanagement needed to handle all units, its hard to coordinate everything and be all places at once. Theres no jump map, message log, jump to action, active pause, etc. It becomes a contest of who can jump around the map the fastest in a lot of scenarios. Of course, its been a few years since I tried it, but not sure much has changed.
The PBEM is the best way to play MP because of that lack of tools.
ETF

Post by ETF »

Agreed and no playback of the turns in the "pausable real-time" mode. They removed this years ago. Not sure why but really ruined it for me and other MP players.
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

Return to “Combat Mission Shock Force 2”