ATTN Steve - H2H crash, please review

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
Overman

ATTN Steve - H2H crash, please review

Post by Overman »

Steve, et al,

Friend and I are playing H2H on Gameranger. PLaying the 'Omaha' campaign on regular CCTLD, updated to the latest patch on both machines.

On 'night' of the 7th, about the 4th battle on 'Easy Red' or an associated beach map.

We get an error when hitting 'next' to deploy. It says that the "am4a175mm_norm.tex" file in Guns.azp cannot be read, or is incorrect(???).

Is it related to wreck graphics on maps with multiple battles???

Please advise [:(]
"Patriotism can be pathological"
Overman

RE: ATTN Steve - H2H crash, please review

Post by Overman »

We both run Windows 7
"Patriotism can be pathological"
SteveMcClaire

RE: ATTN Steve - H2H crash, please review

Post by SteveMcClaire »

If you're getting "Unable to read texture 'am4a175mm_norm.tex' from file 'Guns.azp'" then the game is looking in the wrong place for the US M4A1 texture, which is actually in tanks.azp. It could be for a wreck or it could be for one of the vehicles that is in the battle.

The most likely reason the game would be looking in 'guns.azp' is if there is a data error that makes the engine think that texture has been assigned to a towed gun. This would be in the vehicles.txt data file -- check out the hull / turret / wreck texture columns for the various vehicles.

Given that you're playing multi-player there could also be a data mismatch between host and client, or a corrupted saved game file.

Which player gets the error? Host or client or both? If only one or the other I'd make sure neither of you have mods installed and compare your data files.

I'd also try playing the saved game single player and see if it plays normally, or if you get that error.

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”