Gun crew problems

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.
SchnelleMeyer

Gun crew problems

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Im trying to set up an 88mm AT-Gun to use 8 crewmen, but the game keeps crashing if I use more than 5 guys.
Its crashing when the gun gets hit. - Also the game wont animate all crewmen in game when wrong "soldier types" are used.

So I believe my problem is related to "Soldier type" classifications.
When I use 5 guys with the following types, in this order, it doesnt crash: 6 (Team leader), 10 (Gunner), 11 (Asst Gunner), 26 (Loader) and 26.

Question is: What types do I use for the 3 next guys to make this crew work?
SteveMcClaire

RE: Gun crew problems

Post by SteveMcClaire »

There are several different fields you need to fill in to make sure everything works.

In the vehicles.txt file, make sure you have the correct number of crew members set for the gun.

In the teams.txt file, make sure you have the correct values set for the soldier class fields AND the soldier type fields, and the correct 'total number of soldiers' in the team field.

Soldier TYPE for the gun crew should be either 1 = leader, 3 = Assistant leader, or 2 = crew member. So with an eight man crew the soldier types would be something like: "1 3 2 2 2 2 2 2" (with tabs between the numbers.)

Steve

SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Thanks a lot for prompt reply:)

Checked the relevant txt files again and they check out OK. (Btw using the CC5 in CCMT by Senior Drill)

Your setup with 1-3-2- etc doesn't work : It causes the game to render just 2 soldiers by the gun and gamecrash when the gun gets hit and blows up.

Using the CCMT conventional soldier types for tanks like this: 6 (Team leader), 20 (Driver), 10 (Gunner), 11 (Asst Gunner), 26 (Loader) and 26 (loader) the game renders the soldiers correctly around the gun and there is NO crashes.

So after much experimenting Im up to 6 guys in the guncrew, but I would still like to know to "code" the last 2 guys correctly if anybody knows:)
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

After a whole lot more testing I have 7 crewmen working in the game, but the 8th I cant get to work without crashes.

I tried to test an 88mm AT-Gun in COI with 8 crewmen in the data, but the game gave me an error on startup.
Since CCMT is decendent on CC3/COI, this made me think maybe there is a limit in the game engine for 7 gun-crew members.

Can you confirm this Steve?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

There is a ten man limit on team size, and in many cases (depending on the game) the UI can only display 8 men or less. But there is not seven man limit.

I do not know the mod you're using. There are no AT guns in the stock game of 'Modern Tactics' so it could be there is a bug there that was never uncovered in testing.

Steve

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”