a Bug with getting the Jag 4 in KG Harder?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
STIENER

a Bug with getting the Jag 4 in KG Harder?

Post by STIENER »

i have stacked Harder with Brinkmann. brinkmann is on top, Harder is the reserve BG.
when i go to use teams in the reserve BG, [ Harder] i cannot get the Jag 4 to be availible for Brinkmann. the only slot availible is in the infantry column in brinkmann for a reserve squad and you cant put a tank there of course.

if you have Harder on top then you limit your amount of squads, but you get the tank.

am i missing something or is this just an anomaly with these two BG"s? if i put harder with another BG as reserve will i get a slot for the tank?
STIENER

RE: a Bug with getting the Jag 4 in KG Harder?

Post by STIENER »

also....does Harder get any more squad slots or teams as the GC goes on?
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: STIENER

i have stacked Harder with Brinkmann. brinkmann is on top, Harder is the reserve BG.
when i go to use teams in the reserve BG, [ Harder] i cannot get the Jag 4 to be availible for Brinkmann. the only slot availible is in the infantry column in brinkmann for a reserve squad and you cant put a tank there of course.

if you have Harder on top then you limit your amount of squads, but you get the tank.

am i missing something or is this just an anomaly with these two BG"s? if i put harder with another BG as reserve will i get a slot for the tank?

Sounds like it is working properly.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

well perhaps, but why would there not be a slot for a vehicle or support open instead?? Harder is in reserve, so that means that the attacking BG is looking for some support from the reserve BG.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Did some testing and the game doesn't seem to want to let you use that Jag 4.
- I cleared all the spots in the Brinkmann BG
- Tried 2 other BG's as the primary BG
- Tested Harder by itself and the Jag 4 is a default squad/unit
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

thanks Tejszd......i couldnt figure out a way to get brinkmann to take the tank either. so are we thinking Bug? the Harder BG by itself is a pretty small BG and will get eaten up pretty quik by the Brits, so it needs to be with another BG but if you cant get the tank unless you use the BG by itsself then its rather pointless.

i dont no if harder gets more squads later in the GC but as of sept 19th at 6;00 its a 6 squad waste of space other than the tank.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

I'm leaning toward a bug. But Steve might be able to explain some condition/rule we're not aware of....
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

ok..should i PM Steve? or do you think he'll look at the post soon??[8D]
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The reserve BG adds 1/3 of it's available slots (round down) as 'extra slots' when supporting the front line BG.  KG Harder only has 2 support slots, so it does not add a slot for support to the front line BG, and you can't get the JPIV that way.  You could merge them, though.

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Thanks for the additional information on how it works.

Since tanks are so critical and if using standard rounding rules 2/3 would round to 3 could this be changed in a patch when 1/3 results is less than 1???
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

thanks for the info on KG harder steve.
im with Tejszd on his suggestion tho....any chance?

your suggestion about merging KG harder with brinkmann brings up another question too steve......does Harder get any major reinforcements later on in the GC? and this would apply to any BG in the game...if you merge Harder and it does have reinforcemnts that come later in the GC, would harder even tho its merged still get the reinforcments into the the now merged BG?? [&:]
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Merged BGs have the absorbed BG's reinforcements added to the resulting BG's.  So you don't lose anything by merging them.

Harder gets some infantry reinforcements, but no tanks or heavy weapons.

It is unlikely that the ratio of slots given by the reserve BG will be changed in an update, but I'll keep it in mind.

Steve

Kanov

Re: a Bug with getting the Jag 4 in KG Harder?

Post by Kanov »

Hi,

I guess I just noticed this but
The reserve BG adds 1/3 of it's available slots (round down) as 'extra slots' when supporting the front line BG
does not seem true? I've only gotten 3 slots max from the reserve BG.

I noticed this first with the mod Radzymin44 because in that mod most BG's are full of units and when stacking them I was expecting to have like 5 slots open for the reserve but I only got 3 slots max still. I even mentioned it to Aetius, me believing it was something to do with the mod but then I realized it happens in stock LSA as well, it's just that since in the normal game the BG's have less units and I play on elite I thought that was the reason I had never seen more than 3 slots given to the reserve BG.
Hard-core Spectre
STIENER

Re: a Bug with getting the Jag 4 in KG Harder?

Post by STIENER »

well usually 3 inf slots and 1 vehicle or support slot....thats the norm ...so 3 and 1

Return to “Tech Support”