Custom Videos - Hardcoded parameters?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Kanov

Custom Videos - Hardcoded parameters?

Post by Kanov »

Hello,

We made some custom videos for a mod but found out the game cuts them before they end even if the duration and resolution size are the same as the original LSA intro video. Is there something else to take into account here? are there hardcoded limits? the size is about double (~7MB Original intro vs ~13MB custom intro I don't know how to make it lighter) and the properties some are different like bitrate (the custom one is actually less in that regard) but don't know if that's a problem.

Thanks.
Last edited by Kanov on Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-core Spectre
Kanov

Re: Custom Videos - Hardcoded parameters?

Post by Kanov »

Indeed, changing bitrate of video allowed it to play fully.

But still would like to know if there are some time and resolution size set limits? fwiw I managed to have a video played in fullscreen :!: but the game cuts the play time.
thanks.
Hard-core Spectre
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Kanov,

CC use the Windows media control to play videos. The interface used is rather old, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are issues with playing a modern video format.

There is no hard coded size limit but you may run into issues if the video's size dimensions are greater than the game window's size.

The only video with a hard coded time limit is the initial splash screen video. This will timeout after 3 seconds and move on to the next screen. Other windows/videos should not time out. They should play until the video completes, the user hits a key, or there is an error that prevents the playback from continuing.

If you would like to send me one of the videos that gets cut off I can investigate when I get a chance.
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Hello, Steve,
Thanks for the offer, I sent you a PM.

And another thing we found out was that the campaign intro video (not the game intro) plays only if the campaign is named the same as the stock one: "Grand Campaign". Presumably this is also true for the other campaigns and operations and the day-to-day videos?

Is there a way to remove this restriction? where are these string correlations between campaign/ops names and video names located? so as to name them in context with the mod since it has 2 main campaigns, one for each side so it would be weird to play an "Arnhem Sector" op on the eastern front! lol.

Thanks, I appreciate all your efforts and patience.
Take care!
Hard-core Spectre
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

To change the expected names of the Grand Campaign and the sub-campaigns you'll need to change string resources in CCResourceDLL.dll. You're looking for string IDs 19461-19464.
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

All right.

I appreciate the feedback, many thanks!
Hard-core Spectre
Aetius2

Post by Aetius2 »

Thanks for providing this info Steve,

For Radzymin'44 mod; new campaign intro, day and victory/defeat videos were made by Kanov and everything plays perfectly.

Exept "day" videos won't load in H2H games (load perfectly in SP games), was this done on purpose?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Yes, that's correct. Videos aren't shown in a multi-player game by design.

Return to “Tech Support”