Bren supression

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
STIENER

Bren supression

Post by STIENER »

really?? the bren STILL doesn't suppress shit. its painfull. we have been complaining about the bren for ever....since CC3 and still its useless. come on ...fix it in the next patch!!
3 brit inf squads with brens cant suppress one german squad with a mg 42
its just bad..seriously.

can we do something with this?
SteveMcClaire

RE: Bren supression

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I don't think I've ever heard a complaint about this before. The Bren LMG has the same effectiveness as any other weapon with a comparable rate of fire and penetration. It isn't special-cased in any way. Its suppression is more akin to a BAR than an MG34/42, due to the modest rate of fire and the small clip size (meaning frequent pauses to reload, during which suppression effects gradually drop off.)

Steve
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

LOL...you have heard this from me for sure every CC that comes out. i hear it from every allied opponent I play. players need to tell u this stuff, but we have had this conversation before....most DONT post. I don't no why.
every one is just used to the bren being a useless weapon now in CC??

trust me...its bad...you need to step it up.
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Not to be an ass, but I have witnessed the opposite, the Bren kills men in buildings even though the bren gunner is out in the open and I find it in general more accurate and deadly. Against infantry out in open field though I choose the MG42 because its rate of fire.

The Bren has 85% of accuracy vs 80% of the leMG42 according to the data, range of 800m vs 1000m and slightly more leathal

Kill ratings (mm of game "steel" it can penetrate) for PB, close, medium and long ranges:

Bren : 9-8-5-4
vs
LeMG42: 9-8-4-3

The rate of fire though 4 for the bren and 8 rounds for the mg42 in one burst, I believe that's where the suppression comes from.
Hard-core Spectre
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

well your the 1st player ive heard that from kanov. most will curse the useless bren, and now even if steve was remotely thinking about stepping it up, he wont....been down this path he before. ;-(

we have learned that its the mg 42 rate of fire that gives it high suppression factor.as far as the pen numbers..i don't know which , the bren or the mg 42 has the biggest punch per round size. but the fact remains ...most will say the bren needs to be stepped up...if for only playability sakes.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

anyone reading this post...feel free to say ..nay or yay...to the bren performance. ;-)
crackwise

Post by crackwise »

I find the Bren performance fine overall. MG 42s are too deadly on the other hand, which gives the impression Bren is useless. But I guess MG42s were also like that historically.

I agree with Kanov that Bren seem to be somewhat more accurate. They can score plenty of kills if left unsuppressed. Advancing against MG42s is almost impossible without tank support, which I guess also makes sense. This is the case starting from TLD up until GtC by the way, old CC5 did not have MG42s so deadly.
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

The Bren has performed as well as expected in each series of the game. No problems with it in GTC that I've seen since playing the game.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

well...I don't no what to say other than perhaps we expect so little of it that were used to it being useless?
the bren doesn't seem to actually kill many germans. at least not in my german squads when there fired upon. it doesn't suppress well even when given the jump on a german squad. its been bad since cc3 IMO.

interesting feed back tho guys...keep it coming.

Digs

Post by Digs »

I recommend a book called "World War II Infantry Fire Support Tactics", by Gordon L. Rottman; put out by Osprey Publishing (the .303in Mk I Bren gun, is no MG42).

Return to “Tech Support”