How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of loyal Chinese players need help!!!

Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series and focuses on the largest, concentrated British offensive since the Normandy landings in an attempt to penetrate the German lines west of Caen and cross the Odon River to get the stalled advance moving again.
longbowcai

How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of loyal Chinese players need help!!!

Post by longbowcai »

We are a group of chinese closecombat series players who played multiplayer game for more then ten years,we brought every generation of closecombat game.We are very grateful to have such a good military simulation game for us to play more than 10 years.
In the previous series ,such as TLD or LSA, we played multiplayer game by useing TCP mod to connect directly,it is very smooth and fast way for us. But when we brought CC6 Panther in the fog and CC7 Gateway to Caen,we found that we can not use TCP mode to connect directly any more ,this option is not showed in the multiplayer online interface,the only option is to connect through the lobby.As everyone knows ,China has a great firewall , if we connect the foreign server ,that will be very slow and lag, so we have a bad experience in playing multiplayer game by connecting through the lobby, we would prefer to direct connect by TCP mode,
We have to give up playing multiplayer games in Panther in the fog or Gateway to Caen even that we brought them both, but we really want to solve this problem so that we can continue to buy new products of closecombat series.
Does any one has any idea how to establish a direct connection by traditional Tcp mode in Panther in the fog or Gateway to Caen ? We really can not find any option button in the menu.
Is it necessary to open the port 1944 for showing option button of the TCP mode in multiplayer game menu? then how to open the port 1944?
Thank you very much for the people who can help us!
juntoalmar

RE: How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of loyal Chinese players need help!!!

Post by juntoalmar »

I guess the company is forcing player to go through the server so that only verified buyers can play online. I think it's an "anti-piracy" measure. Thus, I don't think there will be an option of playing with direct connection without the server.

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
PipFromSlitherine

RE: How to use TCP mode to direct connect ? A group of loyal Chinese players need help!!!

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

If you open port 1944 on your NAT then the game will automatically use peer-to-peer networking when playing the game, though you will still need access to the server to use the lobby and set up your game.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen”