mission editing

Af1352pasha

mission editing

Post by Af1352pasha »

I have a question about mission editing as follow:

for creating the scenario with AI in defense, is it possible to fix the position of AI teams in specific locations?

I try and place the AI teams in some location and buildings in the map and save it via mission editor, but when the next time load the edited scenario most of location for AI changed and the AI placed its teams in different locations!

As I found micro management for AI teams is not possible and it changed the defensive location randomly.For example I tried to located three thank company in first line of defense and the mechanized infantry mix with armored but when reload the mission editor or start play the battle AI change the tanks location from the front to rear!

Any solution will be helpful.

22sec

RE: mission editing

Post by 22sec »

You have to lock the units in the editor, and then save the scenario.
Flashpoint Campaigns Contributor
https://twitter.com/22sec2
Grimnirsson

Post by Grimnirsson »

It may very well be that I am missing the obvious here, but how can I create my own scenario to share with a friend so that he can play it? When I click on the mission editor it's empty and I have no idea how to proceed...[&:]
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: Grimnirsson

It may very well be that I am missing the obvious here, but how can I create my own scenario to share with a friend so that he can play it? When I click on the mission editor it's empty and I have no idea how to proceed...[&:]

First you must save the scenario in the last screen of the mission generator wizard (NEW GAME > GENERATE MISSION).
Know thyself!
Grimnirsson

Post by Grimnirsson »

Thanks!
Is it possible to give the AI specific orders in the editor how to behave?
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: Grimnirsson

Thanks!
Is it possible to give the AI specific orders in the editor how to behave?

No, other than setting the initial AI formation position, angle, type etc. When you lock the AI formation and then rerun the scenario and adjust the formation until it does what you want it to do, it can be possible to make the AI opponent behave relatively deterministically. I have made a couple of scenarios for the upcoming DLC where this is demonstrated quite nicely.

I recommend enabling the developer mode by changing the 'developerMode' value to 1 in the data\scenario\development.cfg file. You can then use the Ctrl+Shift+D hotkey to see the AI.
Know thyself!
Grimnirsson

Post by Grimnirsson »

Thanks again, very helpful - Merry Christmas :)

Return to “MODS and Scenarios”