Issuing unit orders for aircraft.

Command: Northern Inferno is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. Set in 1975, the Cold War is omnipresent and beneath the veneer of détente the tension between the two superpowers irreversibly escalate towards the ultimate confrontation.

Moderator: MOD_Command

rickier65

Issuing unit orders for aircraft.

Post by rickier65 »

I've finished the manual, and I have started going through the tutorials, starting with the flight tutorials.

I seem to have the mission orders down ok, but I wanted to try issuing unit orders to do some air intercept.

I tried this on a simple tutorial, #3 I think. First I set a short course near Ramat airfield and then created an AEW mission. I assigned a Gulfstream and 1 Sufa to the mission. I switched to unit mode in the map dropdown. then I selected the sufa.

1. The tutorial says to use F1 or the Unit Order drop down Attack Options. Right clicking on unit didnt bring up any menu. I tried F1 and that didnt bring up a menu. So i went to the Unit Order drop down and chose Attack Options I selected Attach (auto) and then made sure to ignore plotted course for selected unit was checked then I selected the Drone on the map.

I waited quite a while and the sufa never attached the drone. I've gone through this several times trying different things. If I manually plot a course for the sufa, it will attack the drone when it gets within range, or once the sufa attaced the drone when the drone crassed the already plotted course.

Should I be able to take a unit that is assigned a mission and individually order it to attack a selected target?

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Command: Northern Inferno”