Bastogne

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Moderators: Vic, Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Mods

wodin

Bastogne

Post by wodin »

Probably my rubbish play but it does feel like the Allied relief force isn't powerful enough to do its job. Certainly not a powerful force tto plough it's way through to Bastogne.

As Allied first go I thought I was doing well then last couple of days it all went west and suddenly my confortable score was wiped out and I lost badly. The relief force got no where near and even if they had I doubt much would have been left of them.
Capt Cliff

Re: Bastogne

Post by Capt Cliff »

Is this the Bastogne or the Wacht Am Rhein scenario? I found that in the Vanilla scenarios there are not enough US units along Skyline Drive to wear 2nd PZ down enough, so it arrives at Bastogne way too strong. I also found Panzer Lehr gets release far too soon and that there aren't enough US units to impede it's progress. I see the same problem with the units in front of 1st SS PZ Korp.
Capt. Cliff

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive”