Event Bug?

Please post any bugs or technical issues found here for official support.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Pat_ge

Event Bug?

Post by Pat_ge »

Dear forumistas,

Afrika event "take northwest ..." one week late.

Tried to check the "success" and "setback" events, but they were gone.
From turn 67 onwards they were visible. 2 success, one setback => fits event one week later.

But I remember at least half a dozen success and not a single setback before that.
(Who wants to know: naval air - you have tons of them and that should be the place to use them)

Is that a wanted, yet undocumented effect or a simple bug?
Joel Billings

Re: Event Bug?

Post by Joel Billings »

My understanding of the Events screen is that it only lists any particular event once (the most recent time the event activated). So you won't see the old reports, just the most recent one of any particular event. Each kind of success or setback (air/ground/naval) is it's own event, so it sounds like it's probably working as expected. I don't see this mentioned in the documentation, so probably something that should be added to the living manual. I'll add a note to the living manual thread so it doesn't get forgotten. Thanks for the report.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Veterin

Post by Veterin »

Joel Billings wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:39 pm My understanding of the Events screen is that it only lists any particular event once (the most recent time the event activated). So you won't see the old reports, just the most recent one of any particular event. Each kind of success or setback (air/ground/naval) is it's own event, so it sounds like it's probably working as expected. I don't see this mentioned in the documentation, so probably something that should be added to the living manual. I'll add a note to the living manual thread so it doesn't get forgotten. Thanks for the report.
That’s consistent with what I’ve seen too. Whenever an event triggers the legacy event is removed from the history (which is fine once you know that’s how it works).
Pat_ge

Post by Pat_ge »

If I read the manual corrctly, the events should be moved forward or postponed for every "success" or "setback".

Given that, the events should -in this case- be pushed back by about 6 weeks.
But they aren't.

So I assumend either a bug (not counting the events correctly over the whole time, but maybe cutting off at, say the last 10 turns) or an error in the manual.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Although a bug is always possible, this is an area of the game that seems to have been working well. In the editor you can see what the impacts are. The air and naval successes and failures only change things in North Africa by 1 day. The ground successes will push things back 2-4 days, while the failures will move them up 4-7 days. Given that, does it seem to be working for you?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Pat_ge

Post by Pat_ge »

Thank you very much - the error sits in front of my PC.

I had "weeks" in memory, not days ...
Veterin

Post by Veterin »

Pat_ge wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:41 pm Thank you very much - the error sits in front of my PC.

I had "weeks" in memory, not days ...
Yeah it's very little movement on timeline!

Return to “Tech Support”