Will Steam version update on Steam itself?

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

Daza99

Will Steam version update on Steam itself?

Post by Daza99 »

Most steam games update within Steam, automatically going to your Downloads management area where you can que games to update etc. Will Shadow Empire be doing this too?

I noticed the game on steam launches its usual launcher window, which used to have a Check for Updates button but I do not see that anymore so i presume this means updates will be done through Steam platform? just wanting to confirm.
Tchey

RE: Will Steam version update on Steam itself?

Post by Tchey »

Should be how it works.

However, the game says 1.06.05, while here on the forum you can see last beta version is 1.06.06.
So, already one version late (but a beta one)
* Jeux1d100 ? Le blog Jeux1d100.net sur les jeux indécents et Linux, et la chaîne YouTube *
budd

Post by budd »

Official updates will auto update on Steam. Unless Vic institutes a beta branch on Steam we can join, the beta's will always be Matrix, manual install only.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Emx77

Post by Emx77 »

Is it possible to apply Matrix beta patch by copy/paste files into Steam folder?
Shards

Post by Shards »

ORIGINAL: Emx77

Is it possible to apply Matrix beta patch by copy/paste files into Steam folder?

No, do NOT do this :)

The Steam version uses Steam authentication to verify its validity, if you paste a Matrix version over the top it'll stop working.

The Steam version will update to the newest full release version once Vic has it ready and we'll also look to add an open beta branch to Steam in the future

Thanks
gamer78

Post by gamer78 »

Hey,

from the beta: 'Forced the game application to use US culture-locale which will prevent some rare crashes with systems with exotic languages as notably Turkish'

I use 'exotic language' in windows. I've purchased Steam version yesterday. Will that have beta branch like all Steam games. Or wait for a patch for a month or so to become official? Thanks..
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

There are only 4 small files to exchange per the current 1.06.07 beta.
I suspect these would not hurt trying on the Steam version, or least trying the 'shadowscenarios' files.
You can always re-install.
Destragon

Post by Destragon »

ORIGINAL: gamer78

Hey,

from the beta: 'Forced the game application to use US culture-locale which will prevent some rare crashes with systems with exotic languages as notably Turkish'

I use 'exotic language' in windows. I've purchased Steam version yesterday. Will that have beta branch like all Steam games. Or wait for a patch for a month or so to become official? Thanks..
The beta thread says
"If you have the STEAM version you'll have to use the STEAM platforms integrated beta functionality. Note that the posting of beta's will lag a bit behind them being posted on Matrix."
So it will come to steam, too, just no idea when.

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

There are only 4 small files to exchange per the current 1.06.07 beta.
I suspect these would not hurt trying on the Steam version, or least trying the 'shadowscenarios' files.
You can always re-install.
Replacing the exe will prevent you from starting the game. You can fix it by verifying the game cache.

Return to “Shadow Empire”