Failing of the Assertion

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: Gil R.

Comrade_Blabsky

Failing of the Assertion

Post by Comrade_Blabsky »

Been playing patched version (previously, too, from around Sept), and no problems except failing to load a saved game once. Completed (or nearly) a few times Coming Fury, etc. However, a week or two into the latest got this message when the quotation screen is loading:

Assertion Failed

C:\Projects\ACWPlato\Source\tile.cpp

Expression: et==0

Any ideas on this small clue? thanks
Nothing can defeat the will of the People.
ericbabe

RE: Failing of the Assertion

Post by ericbabe »

It should give a line number, do you happen to have that written down as well?  These assertions in tile.cpp usually mean that an operation ran out of memory.  You might try shutting down any other applications that are running, increasing your virtual memory, etc.
Comrade_Blabsky

Will mess with the assigned virtual memory.  The "increasing virtual memory" message has been showing up, especially during detailed battle, but it still would run fine.  Problem now is the game wouldn't fully load; it was during the screen with the famous quotation before you get to the menu.

Thanks for the quick response!  Will post back here with results, good or bad.
Comrade_Blabsky

The latest:  I corrected my virtual memory.  I had recently upgraded and neglected to change the settings. (Now I have 2Gb of RAM, and set the min. to 2G and the max. to 3G.)

It still gives the error message as above; there is a line indicated: 199.  And the above message has a typo:  ret==0.

Thanks again for your help.  I'm willing to try something before I do a reinstall.
Comrade_Blabsky

Latest update:

I re-installed, and started a new game and it works fine.  Must have been an effect of my incorrect memory settings or something.  Cheers!

Blabsky
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Glad to hear you got it working.  We should have better low-memory error reporting than those rather dumb assertion boxes.

Return to “Forge of Freedom - Support”