Not working under WIN 8 (update:RESOLVED)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Mansoon

Not working under WIN 8 (update:RESOLVED)

Post by Mansoon »

Hi,
Today I bought CO BFTB and the latest CO BFG. More than 80€ in total. I installed both exe's, and ALL of it's accompanying runtimes (.net, C++, ActiveX etc).

I installed this on a totally new installed MEDION computer, running windows 8 64bit with an NVIDIA GTX 650, intel i7 and 8 gig RAM. All drivers up-to-date. All of the software I installed sofar has worked flawslessly.

When clicking on the BFTB shortcut on my desktop, I get the game menu screen. It allows me to choose a screen res when i click on "play Battles for Greece". So far so good. (The "Game Manual button is not working btw)

But then the main menu full-screen opens, it's a pretty dark screen. I can see the options 'new game", "load game", "host game" etc. to the right but when i click one of those it opens very dark/black screen. (See screenshot below.)

By clicking randomly on some of these scenarios under "new game" I managed one time to open a new game, bringing me to the game map with all the divisions etc. To the left, the menu showing stats of a clicked division acon on the map was mostly black. (See screenshot below.)

Can anyone please advise me on a course of action to correct this? Does anyone recognise what I'm doing wrong and might need to install additional software?

Sorry for bad english; it's not my motherlanguage.

Thanks in advance,
M
Mansoon

RE: Not working under WIN 8

Post by Mansoon »

Picture:

Attachments
CO_1.jpg
CO_1.jpg (414.51 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Mansoon

Post by Mansoon »

And a second one on the map:

Attachments
CO_2.jpg
CO_2.jpg (503.45 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Mansoon

Post by Mansoon »

Nevermind, I found the solution! Works OK now!
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Mansoon

Nevermind, I found the solution! Works OK now!
Please publish your solution!
It could benefit others. [;)]
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

I was ready to comment that your system specs are better than my own, and mine works. I do second what Templer says.. post your solution in case others have the same problem. And welcome to the forum!
Mansoon

Post by Mansoon »

When right-clicking the shortcut of the game, under comptability tab, I saw that it was running under "reduced color mode 16 bits" with Win7 comptability. I turned the color mode reduction off and all worked well.

I think that I mistakingly turned it on previously before starting the game when I set it on win7-comptability. The older CC games from Matrix need the reduced color, so I suppose I ticked this box out of habit.

Btw, two thumbs up for this game, first class, totally worth the money.

See screenshot:

Attachments
CO_3.jpg
CO_3.jpg (228.33 KiB) Viewed 355 times
El Savior

Post by El Savior »

I'm still having same problem even after I added Compatibility to Win 7. using win 8.

Edit: Found the solution. I need to choose "match same resolution", then it will work. If I choose different resolution, all background is black like those screenshots above.
El Savior

Return to “Tech Support”