Simple Question (I hope)

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

dereck

Simple Question (I hope)

Post by dereck »

I'm just playing around right now trying to get used to things but I can't seem to merge units together.

What are the requirements needed before units can be merged? When I try I get a message saying no units can be merged.

What am I doing wrong? And sorry for asking what to most of you is probably a most simple question.
PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)
Omat

RE: Simple Question (I hope)

Post by Omat »

Hello

- the units needs movment points. If one have 0 you have to wait 1 turn
- the units should not be frozen.

Onyl from certain dates onwards you can build units. I hope the dates are right:
- 12-1941: Cavlarie Corps: from 3 Cav Div needed
- 03-1942: Guards Rifle Div: from 3 Airbrone Brigades
- 04-1942: Tank corprs: from 3 Tank Brigades
- 06-1942: Rifle Corps: 3 Rifle Div or 2 Rifle Div + 1 Rifle Brigade (cost 20 ap > 1943 10 ap)
- 08-1942: Mechanized Corps: 3 Mechanized or 3 Motorized Brigades
- 01-1943 Airborne Div: from 3 Airbrone Brigades

Restricted Soviet Rifle brigades so they can't merge into Rifle Divisions prior to May-1942. Naval brigades cannot buildup into divisions.

All information is subject to change.

Omat
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell
dereck

Post by dereck »

I'm playing the 1943 scenario, turn 2, version 1.07.15

I still cannot merge ANY units together even though according to this list above they quality.

Can someone tell me what is wrong and why, even though I get the option to merge the game says no units in the stack can be merged.

Thanks
PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
Disgruntled Veteran

Post by Disgruntled Veteran »

ORIGINAL: dereck

I'm just playing around right now trying to get used to things but I can't seem to merge units together.

What are the requirements needed before units can be merged? When I try I get a message saying no units can be merged.

What am I doing wrong? And sorry for asking what to most of you is probably a most simple question.

Might be helpful if you provided a screenshot. Are you axis or soviet? What exact units are you trying to merge?
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Merging is disband one and use the equipment to fill another one. Different action.
Use the 'b' key to build a cav corps from 3x cav div or an inf div from 2x inf bdes etc. There's also a build button in the map menu.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
dereck

Post by dereck »

ORIGINAL: Denniss

Merging is disband one and use the equipment to fill another one. Different action.
Use the 'b' key to build a cav corps from 3x cav div or an inf div from 2x inf bdes etc. There's also a build button in the map menu.

Thanks. I will remember that and give it a try again tomorrow. I have to admit even though I have had this game since it first came out I've never really played it much and being use to WITP:AE this is somewhat different.
PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”