Found MAJOR bug in game...

Post bug reports, ask for tech support and general requests for help with getting Maximum-Football working in this forum. This is for official support on official versions. Reports based on public beta versions should go in the Public Beta forum.

Moderator: David Winter

Magnum357

Found MAJOR bug in game...

Post by Magnum357 »

David, I think I may have found a Major bug last night playing a Quick Play game. Lately, I have been trying too write down any type of bug on paper so I can explain it better here on the forums.

This is what happened. I was playing a US Rules type game, with Miami Playing against Miami, no rules adjusted except for playing with 35 second play clock and 12 Minute Quarters. The Visiting team (I was playing the Home team) scored a Rushing TD (was pretty long, probably about 30 yards) to bring the score of the game too 14-6 (Home Team ahead). As the the Visiting team had scored the TD, the 1st Quarter Time had expiried, so they lined up too kick a PAT, but they missed the Attempt. After that point, the End of Quarter Stats show up on screen (so far at this point, I had not run into any problems so far). So when I click the continue button on the End of Quarter Stats screen, I was shocked to discover that the game was not going to make the Visiting team Kickoff to me in the new 2nd Quarter (at this point the Clock was exactly at 12:00 of the 2nd). Instead, the Visiting Team Retained the ball, with a 1st and 2 yards to go on the 2 yard line. Basically, they were given back the ball after the PAT to try to score again. [X(] I would have to imagine that this is a pretty serious bug if a team can get the ball again after they try a PAT.

I have the game saved at that point if you want me too send it too, but I ran an extra play after this point (I should have saved it the moment I realized that the Visiting team got the ball again after the PAT). Oh, and just too let you know, I have been using Beta Patch 1.094 (or is it Beta Patch 1.092?).
David Winter

RE: Found MAJOR bug in game...

Post by David Winter »

This has already been reported and I believe it's been resolved in the patch you don't have yet.

There was a previous problem that if a team scored just as time expired, the game would run through the kick off routine with no time on the clock. In trying to fix that problem, the problem you mentioned was introduced.

Erik and testers have a new build which should address both issues.
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
Magnum357

Post by Magnum357 »

Ok, cool. I just downloaded the latest Beta Patch (1.095) so I will test it and see if I can find anymore bugs to report. [:)]
PLAYBOYREDD21

Post by PLAYBOYREDD21 »

I HAVE THE NEW v1.095 PATCH N THE PROBLEM STILL EXIST. I SCORED AT THE END OF THE QUARTER. KICKED THE EXTRA POINT N GOT THE STAT SCREEN. WENT TO CONTINUE THE 2ND QRT. N I HAD THE BALL 1ST N 2 YRDS 2 GO AT THE 2 YRD LINE. I KICKED A FG JUST 2 C WHAT WOULD HAPPEN N IT COUNTED FOR 3 POINTS.
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

Please turn off your caps lock.

This is something I'll continue to look into.
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"

Return to “Maximum-Football Support”