Modding help master thread!

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.

Moderator: doomtrader

doomtrader

RE: Modding help master thread!

Post by doomtrader »

Reserved
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Reserved
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

The Download editor for Time of Fury link does not work.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Thanks, fixed
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

HI, I downloaded and extracted all editor files but when I run it I get an error dialog box then it fails. Do I need to put the editor directory somewhere specific for it to run?
Thanks
Sherman
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

No,

You have to got XNA installed.
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

Ok cool Thank you, got and now it works!! I did notice Un-Handled Exception errors if I try to open an existing scenario. Everything was fine if I selected create new scenario. Am I do still doing something wrong?

Thanks
Sherman
Omnius

Post by Omnius »

I downloaded and installed XNA and the 1.04 editor file plus the 1.04b update but I can't get the editor to work properly. The 1.04b patch gives me error messages about incorrect pathing when I install it. All I get is a big black screen with the gray borders. There are some terrain boxes on teh left but there are no pulldown menu selection on the top menu bar. I can't do anything and sure would appreciate a little help getting the editor properly installed and working.
Omnius
Ason

Post by Ason »

Hey guys, I'm trying to make a custom scenario about the soviet encirclement of Budapest but I've run into a problem..

Atm I have just made it really simple, I did everything I could in the editor (added terrain, railroads, rivers, weather etc) and I've also added cities and a single german unit.
I have not touched other files yet so some of them are totally empty (like naval unit files etc) but I figured there is no water so I don't need them.

Anyway I wanted to try the scenario ingame to just check if it worked but it crashes on load..
I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look at it and hopefully tell me what's wrong or missing.
(I don't want to spend all the time adding the units if there is some major problem)
Please if someone wants help me, let me know and I will send you the scenario asap.
I've also posted on Slitherines Time of Fury modding section where I have also put a DL-link

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
budabild.jpg
budabild.jpg (493.26 KiB) Viewed 695 times

Return to “Design and Modding”