Running / updating Korsun Pocket 1.00 physical

Please post bug reports, complaints and generally venting that you have not yet received the game here.
superian

Running / updating Korsun Pocket 1.00 physical

Post by superian »

The PC that this did run on has gone to silicon heaven, and I would rather like to be able to continue playing it.

On a five year old Windows 10 PC (Win10 22H2), I have tried installing and running the CD 1.00 version. This really wants to be installed from a CD, doesn't it? Finding an external CD drive, I can install it, but when I try to run (as administrator, per the guide here) then it doesn't think the disk is in the drive.

I have also tried using the 1.12b patch. This doesn't complain about what it finds, but the results (again, run as administrator) complain about not being able to find vorbisfile.dll and, indeed, nothing in my directory of Matrix games that includes the other Decisive Battles games contains a file called vorbis anything.

There is no text-based options file in either setup to tell not to play video.

How do I get to play Korsun Pocket again?
superian

Re: Running / updating Korsun Pocket 1.00 physical

Post by superian »

I see from https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... p?p=494132 that it may be assuming that it's running on something with IDE drives and being fussy about what's a 'master' and what's a 'slave' on up to two channels.

Sorry, but that was years ago: this is a USB CD drive pretending to be SATA.
superian

Re: Running / updating Korsun Pocket 1.00 physical

Post by superian »

Ah, was it only just over 18 months ago that I started playing this again?! https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 7#p4779787 suggests that yes, it was, and it wasn't as easy as suggested if you start from 1.00.

It's the Win2K PC mentioned there that has definitely died.

Return to “Korsun Pocket Support”