The Legend of Nemo

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

witpqs

RE: The Legend of Nemo

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: rustysi
I'll never become the perfect armchair general I want to be until I'm retired.

Trust me, retirement has not helped with my game time, and no I can not for the life of me figure out why.
Too many of those Hampton soires you've been attending in period costume this summer, I imagine. Honestly, rustysi, maybe you should have your manservant flip turns for you on occasion-it will help your throughput.
CosPlay?
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: rustysi

Trust me, retirement has not helped with my game time, and no I can not for the life of me figure out why.
Too many of those Hampton soires you've been attending in period costume this summer, I imagine. Honestly, rustysi, maybe you should have your manservant flip turns for you on occasion-it will help your throughput.
CosPlay?
He said "period costume" so I am thinking "sanitary pad".
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

OK, OK, that's enough.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

Is there a difference between a strategy to beat your opponent vs one to win the game, as both lead to victory? I always
thought Nemo's primary goal was to beat his opponent. Not a negative pursuit, rather a rarely used avenue. This style
of play is bound to ruffle feathers but is revealing on how the game works. Like a buffet, choose what appeals to you
and apply liberally .
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

Is there a difference between a strategy to beat your opponent vs one to win the game, as both lead to victory? I always
thought Nemo's primary goal was to beat his opponent. Not a negative pursuit, rather a rarely used avenue. This style
of play is bound to ruffle feathers but is revealing on how the game works. Like a buffet, choose what appeals to you
and apply liberally .
Nemo was using his personal strength in analyzing people, and his sang-froide about sacrificing major units to get strategic position. His approach would result in victory at least a year earlier than the usual plodding, safe approach. But not everyone has his abilities and personality so few should play Nemo's way.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”