Game Timer vs Real Time

Close Combat: The Bloody First Tech Support Forum. Please post any issues found here.
CGGrognard

Game Timer vs Real Time

Post by CGGrognard »

After going through the Grand Campaign, with battle times limited to 20 minutes, I noticed that the game timer is off. For each second on the game timer that is ticked off, actually two seconds of real time expire. Therefore, with battle settings to 20 minutes, it actually takes 40 minutes. Anyone else experiencing this on this or other battle time settings?
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
ineffable

RE: Game Timer vs Real Time

Post by ineffable »

I think game speed is system dependent. On a i5-9400, 1660ti box TBF runs just a tad slower than real time (20:15 for a 20 min battle). On a i7-4790, 1050ti rig it runs a couple minutes slower than RT (~22:00 for a 20 min battle).
Quid si
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

I have talked to a couple of other players and they have said the same thing....timer is off. game takes twice as long as timer is set for.
steve mclair? can we look into this issue please.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I will look at it but the game runs at real time (assuming game speed option setting is 100%) or as quickly as it can if your graphics card or processor are not able to run the game at that speed.

Please try reducing your screen resolution and turning off ground clutter in the game options and see if that makes the game run in real time.

STIENER

Post by STIENER »

CGGrognard...did that solve your timer issues????
me and RD Knights are having similar issues MP...and we both have PC's that are more then the game specs require.
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

@STEINER - please stop spamming other threads. It makes it more difficult to track conversations on FPS/timing that are different between SP and MP. For SP it is a matter of checking the FPS with SHIFT+Q against the expected minimum. For MP the issue may be more complex which is why I am going back and forth with you on your thread.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

@PIP - ok...thanks for the explanation. that info wasn't made apparent to anyone that I can see in any thread. I assumed CGGrognard was having timer issues in MP...my bad.
the back and forth on my thread seems to have stopped on your end as far as timer info goes tho. im frustrated as heck with the 60.00 game I bought and was trying to figure out if other players got to the bottom of there timer issues. not much feed back from them or you the admin on it.

thanks
PipFromSlitherine

The back and forth is waiting for you and your opponent to try with a direct connection so we can determine what the relevant factors are with the issue, as per your last response to me. AFAIK this is not a widespread issue but could be wrong, but either way we need more information to determine the cause and find a fix.

Cheers

Pip
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

ok...well I don't know how to get a direct connection or open ports as I said and im waiting to see if knights wants to or can. one would think that's why we have a lobby system you guys set up so we don't have to do this kind of stuff. frustrating.........
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

well as far as a wide spread issue...its some what of an issue because some people are reporting it. others just don't bother and move on and play something else...we both no that.
has getting a direct connection actually helped anyone with this MP issue with the timer?
PipFromSlitherine

We don't have enough reports on MP timing that aren't connected to machine specs to know. The routing server, as far as we know, is exactly avoiding the need to open ports for most people, but networking is complex and has a lot of moving parts out of our control. It could be anything from geographical location, to wifi dongle traffic shaping, to the MTU for a given TCP stack. So we need to dig into it to find out what is happening so we can either explain how to fix it, or make alterations to the networking code.

Cheers

Pip
VonVolks

Post by VonVolks »

I got CC to play against my brother and we just started today....

I was hosting, and i found my timer in a 15 minute game would sometimes get way ahead of him? So when I was at 1.20 left to play for example he would be at 4 minutes?

Some games stayed in sync.. others would go wonky time wise?

Any ideas or suggestions?
Help we're being shelled! Shelled!
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Von Volks -- it appears you've made two posts on this issue? I'll go ahead and handle it in the other thread so we have it all in one place.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4928841

Return to “Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum”