Which core game do you think the CS Legion should do next? - Pick two

Campaign Series: Vietnam is a new turn-based, tactical/operational war game that focuses on the Indochina War, Vietnam Civil War and the first years of US involvement in Vietnam with over 100 historical scenarios.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Which core game do you think the Campaign Series Legion should do next? - Pick two

East Front III 1939-1941
27%
West Front II 1939-1941
22%
Pacific Front 1939-1941
20%
Cold War (Central Europe) 1948-1985
31%

Total votes: 215

SwampYankee68

Re: Which core game do you think the CS Legion should do next? - Pick two

Post by SwampYankee68 »

slitherluna wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:21 am Pacific Front 1939-1941
Agreed.

Mods, there is a dearth of wargames of the Campaigns' scale set in the pacific. Very few. Save the Cold War, which I also voted for, there are plenty of other games that cover the European theater.
"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"
nycoroner05

Post by nycoroner05 »

Continuation of Vietnam and the dlc Korean War
Last edited by nycoroner05 on Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
bruce205

Post by bruce205 »

More Vietnam and Korean War :D
Fair Winds and Following Seas
theWombat

Post by theWombat »

It's not on the poll, but it struck me that a really cool area to look at might be obscure, smaller or irregular conflicts in the modern era. The system seems well-suited to things as disparate as the anti-colonial struggles in post-WWII Africa and Asia, up through the 1980s, to clashes in Kashmir, to the Iran-Iraq war, or the Falklands even. The scale and flexibility of the game system seems pretty good for that sort of thing.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

It's not on the poll, but it struck me that a really cool area to look at might be obscure, smaller or irregular conflicts in the modern era. The system seems well-suited to things as disparate as the anti-colonial struggles in post-WWII Africa and Asia, up through the 1980s, to clashes in Kashmir, to the Iran-Iraq war, or the Falklands even. The scale and flexibility of the game system seems pretty good for that sort of thing.
Yes, most definitely. Those are all good ideas and I'm slowly collecting reference material to indulge in those types of scenarios.

So much to do... I need clones.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I'd like to see WH40K!!

If not EF2 or Pacific
RedDawn82

Post by RedDawn82 »

- Vietnam DLC or Korean War
- Additional CS:ME scenarios modeled after "a week in..." Vietnam model
Para87

Post by Para87 »

Jason Petho wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:19 pm
devoncop wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:15 pm I have a soft spot for the Spanish Civil War. Lots of different factions, nationalities, weapons types and terrain involved.

Then again I realise this would be a minority interest so I won't get my hopes up !
Spanish Civil War will be a DLC for West Front
In that case West Front it is.

For all those saying WW2 has been done to death, 99% of WW2 titles are set after '41. Excluding the African theatre pre '41 WW2 games are very rare. Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris comes to mind and a handful of WDS/JTS games.

If it is to be Cold War hopefully it will be early cold war like Operation Unthinkable rather than set in the 80s as again most Cold War games are set after 1980.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

If it is to be Cold War hopefully it will be early cold war like Operation Unthinkable rather than set in the 80s as again most Cold War games are set after 1980.
The initial Cold War release will focus on Central Europe. My plan is to have a set of scenarios for each decade (late 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's) that will focus on some key battlefields (North German Plains and Fulda Gap) and show the advancements in weaponry and tactics will play a role on those battlefields as the decades proceed.
SwampYankee68

Post by SwampYankee68 »

Jason Petho wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:02 pm
The initial Cold War release will focus on Central Europe. My plan is to have a set of scenarios for each decade (late 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's) that will focus on some key battlefields (North German Plains and Fulda Gap) and show the advancements in weaponry and tactics will play a role on those battlefields as the decades proceed.
Jason does that mean a decision has been made? I was really hoping for the Pacific theater. While I have your attention, what are the statuses and rough (?) ETAs for the later Vietnam conflict and Korean War content? I will say how happy I am that you are working on the Korean conflict. Very interesting and lots of potential scenarios.
SwampYankee68

Post by SwampYankee68 »

wodin wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:04 pm I'd like to see WH40K!!

If not EF2 or Pacific
Plenty of content out there. I'll play you some Battle Sector if you want to set up a challenge.

Sanctus Reach is great too, although Battle Secor makes it look dated now.
Rake

Post by Rake »

I would love to see an update to either WF or EF to bring it up to the new standards. Could not care less about the Pacific... most of that terrain is too close for armor and this is a pretty good armor game. This is one reason that I have little interest in VN.

Like others I've seen posting in her, the one I'd like to see most is Cold War up to modern
z1812

Post by z1812 »

I would prefer a Cold War series. Their are so many WW2 games already available. A different Era would be nice. World War 1 would also interest me.

However I think the Cold War would provide a base for more spin off content. That benefits the CS Legion, and of course, we gamers.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Currently, besides scripting Tet scenarios, I'm working heavily on building order of battles for cold war.

Of course, these are massive tasks as our standards are building any included nation from 1948-1985.

I'm currently working on Poland, Czechoslovakia and the Soviets.
VonWulfen

Post by VonWulfen »

I for one would love to see The Boer wars and the earlier Anglo Zulu wars. The Sudan conflict Mahdist War would also be amazingly welcome.
All these theatres are sorely in need of their own PC war games 👍🏻
‘Be so good as to call me an elephant,’
Stephen Maturin
dudalb_slith

Post by dudalb_slith »

VonWulfen wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:04 pm I for one would love to see The Boer wars and the earlier Anglo Zulu wars. The Sudan conflict Mahdist War would also be amazingly welcome.
All these theatres are sorely in need of their own PC war games 👍🏻
I would like to see tacitcal games on that era as well, but not sure the Campaign system would fit;probably need a new system.
Pf course what I REALLY want is a Campaign style tacical system on the Civil War...
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Civil War would be interesting.

Not sure about the Anglo Zulu Wars or Boer Wars. Would have to do a lot of more research to see if the CS Engine would work with those.

Way, way, way down the line *chuckles*
matrixum

Post by matrixum »

i wish SQUAD BATTLES series
Monkie

Post by Monkie »

Is there any further information on the Cold War game?

The time frame you said it would cover seems like a massive undertaking and the technology would change radically as well. I was a bit suprised that it would cast such a wide net, I was expecting it to focus on 60's or 70's.

I have recently rediscovered the campaign series and have been enjoying all of them, they really do seem timeless. I look forward to any new releases whether it be Cold War or something else.

Return to “Campaign Series: Vietnam”