Which core game do you think the CS Legion should do next? - Pick two

Campaign Series: Vietnam is a new turn-based, tactical/operational war game that focuses on the Indochina War, Vietnam Civil War and the first years of US involvement in Vietnam with over 100 historical scenarios.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Which core game do you think the Campaign Series Legion should do next? - Pick two

East Front III 1939-1941
28%
West Front II 1939-1941
22%
Pacific Front 1939-1941
19%
Cold War (Central Europe) 1948-1985
31%

Total votes: 217

Jason Petho

Which core game do you think the CS Legion should do next? - Pick two

Post by Jason Petho »

Which game do you think the Campaign Series Legion should do next?

Except for Vietnam, the polls are Core Games, where there will be DLC content added to the core games over time.

There is no time limit for the poll.

You can pick two options.
RedBunny

Re: Which core game do you think the CS Legion should do next? - Pick two

Post by RedBunny »

I have to say I'm not too interested in any of these options because I think there are enough WW2 games out there and I'm not much interested in hypotheticals.

I would be interested in a series of scenarios on the Iran-Iraq war. Maybe this topic can be covered in a major CS: Middle East DLC scoped like the DLC I understand is planned for CS: Vietnam exploring the latter part of that conflict.

Historical Cold War could be great. This can be a series where each released game doesn't have to feature one specific conflict or region so may include several scenarios using a few included maps covering different topics. Just spit balling here but maybe like Bay of Pigs, Soviet-Afghan War, some of the CW era civil wars, etc. I have a name: Campaign Series: Cold War Pack I, Pack II etc.

But I totally understand WW2 sells so I can see you guys moving in that direction and I would certainly consider purchasing anything you produced. Keep up the good work!
jreebel

Post by jreebel »

West Front
I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!
Curly Howard
benpark

Post by benpark »

I voted for eastern front once, but would twice.
"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Voted for Cold War first and East Front second. With the WW2 titles we after all already have the Matrix CPS game to keep us going with decades of work behind it to get it to the current state. Not that I don't want those as well, and will buy all titles as they come out in whatever order they are released in. I would really love a WW1 / Interwar title and 2 to 3 associated DLC packs so would have voted for that second if I had the choice But would readily accept that I am in a minority on that one and also have a feeling that these 4 core games and all their DLC and that for CSME and CSVN will take a good many years to get out the door as the team are determined to do things in proper detail which is I think right.

Also I would prefer that the DLC content for CSME and CSVN in all released before the next core game comes out.
Last edited by Hoplite1963 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S15

Post by S15 »

Korean War. Would be good to offer people an " other " choice on the poll and a spot to fill in a short suggestion.
hubertkj

Post by hubertkj »

I voted for the Cold War game, but I'd purchase any one of the other games as well.
Kevin J.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

S15 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:48 am Korean War. Would be good to offer people an " other " choice on the poll and a spot to fill in a short suggestion.
The Korean War will be a DLC for the Vietnam game
devoncop

Post by devoncop »

I have a soft spot for the Spanish Civil War. Lots of different factions, nationalities, weapons types and terrain involved.

Then again I realise this would be a minority interest so I won't get my hopes up !
"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

devoncop wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:15 pm I have a soft spot for the Spanish Civil War. Lots of different factions, nationalities, weapons types and terrain involved.

Then again I realise this would be a minority interest so I won't get my hopes up !
Spanish Civil War will be a DLC for West Front
gregb41352

Post by gregb41352 »

Then I vote West Front :)
Bioman

Post by Bioman »

East Front
West Front
TheGrayMouser

Post by TheGrayMouser »

All for the Cold War, as others have have posted, there is enough Ww2 content in JTCS to keep one busy for a long time. I’d like to see ww1 as an official title someday too!
lpoolrat

Post by lpoolrat »

East front or Pacific
arnie lovell
alwaysdime

Post by alwaysdime »

I voted Cold War and Pacific. I picked Pacific because Rising Sun stopped working a few years ago. It was recently discovered how to fix this so I can load it once again. So I voted Pacific just to have that available again. I would change my #2 to EF3 or maybe WF2. Cold War is still #1 for me.
jc4751

Post by jc4751 »

I would rather vote twice for Cold War, but voted West Front as the second choice. There are an awful lot of titles covering WW2, while Cold War era gaming is becoming more popular. It would be nice to see Cold War with DLC covering the modern era (up to the current day), and covering alternate theaters of war from 1945 on. Lot of untapped action in the smaller actions fought from 1945 to the present day, as well as a lot of interesting hypotheticals. I know that people shy away from what-ifs, but it is at least new ground to cover.
slitherluna

Post by slitherluna »

Pacific Front 1939-1941
Jericoh

Post by Jericoh »

Cold War without a doubt. If there was another Cold War option I would've picked it too.

The market is saturated with WW2 stuff, and that includes Campaign Series itself too.

Also I'm very excited to see 1970-1990 Cold War Europe in the scale and scope of Campaigns Series, it will be mad !!

Let alone the potential for Southern Europe, Northern Europe, and even contemporary Eastern Europe expansions.
berto

Post by berto »

For the Cold War game, beyond just Europe, at least one future DLC is planned for other Cold War Era conflicts around the globe (e.g., the Indo-Pakistani Wars).
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
kittendealer

Post by kittendealer »

east front 3,please :)

Return to “Campaign Series: Vietnam”