Community Scenarios

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

IainMcNeil

Community Scenarios

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

there is a weird thread on Facebook that seems to be implying we are planning to remove the community scenarios and start selling them. This is absolutely unfounded and no idea where it comes from but there are enough people out there with axes to grind for a range of odd reasons who knows.

Just to be clear
* We never have and never will charge for community scenarios
* We have never considered this or even discussed it
* It would not be legal to charge for them even if we wanted to - the IP belongs to the scenario designer.

We have been blocked from responding to the thread where it was posted.

I don't know why we keep getting weird issues like this. I guess Command is ruffling too many feathers!

You can continue to enjoy your community scenarios :)

Iain

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
kevinkins

RE: Community Scenarios

Post by kevinkins »

Thanks Ian. I don't use Facebook. But maybe someone who designs for the community can post the message you wrote above for you.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
ZoroastroBR

Post by ZoroastroBR »

Thanks for the update
kch

Post by kch »

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Is the guy with the thread a former employee?
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

Kevin,

You might want to clean out some mailbox space.

HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

ORIGINAL: IainMcNeil

Hi guys,

there is a weird thread on Facebook that seems to be implying we are planning to remove the community scenarios and start selling them. This is absolutely unfounded and no idea where it comes from but there are enough people out there with axes to grind for a range of odd reasons who knows.

Just to be clear
* We never have and never will charge for community scenarios
* We have never considered this or even discussed it
* It would not be legal to charge for them even if we wanted to - the IP belongs to the scenario designer.

We have been blocked from responding to the thread where it was posted.

I don't know why we keep getting weird issues like this. I guess Command is ruffling too many feathers!

You can continue to enjoy your community scenarios :)

Iain

This stemmed from a post in the CMANO Facebook Group where Mike Mykytyn posted the following statement:
I'm out folks. Best of luck to you all. I don't have the stomach to watch a dream project change. Change is not wrong but this direction is definitely not for me. Time to stop whining and break completely! Please support the creative folks out there looking to build great stuff. To the creative, please watch your six. As Don Gilman (Uncle Harpoon) once warned me, there be dragons out there! I didn't keep watch! Your work is valuable and yours! Cya!

Do you guys at Slitherine/Matrix know why he departed?
Ancalagon451

Post by Ancalagon451 »

Didn't he leave the dev team in 2017?

I remember him changing his signature for one that said "ex-CMANO developer" and, when asked about it, he said that he was now devoting to forum administration full time.

A few months later lost his admin status, and at the end of the year stopped posting altogether.

So are we sure it was the real MikMyk and not an impersonating troll *coughHERMANcough*?

Ancalagon

Rob322

Post by Rob322 »

ORIGINAL: Ancalagon451

Didn't he leave the dev team in 2017?

I remember him changing his signature for one that said "ex-CMANO developer" and, when asked about it, he said that he was now devoting to forum administration full time.

A few months later lost his admin status, and at the end of the year stopped posting altogether.

So are we sure it was the real MikMyk and not an impersonating troll *coughHERMANcough*?

Ancalagon

It posted under his Facebook account. Hard to know if he was hacked or not.

If he’s an “ex-employee” then there’s no way Matrix is going to say why he’s no longer there.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Mike left Warfaresims a couple of years ago. I'm not going to discuss why he left. I have no idea what his post means or if it was even by Mike.

I also have no idea why people think we're charging for scenarios when we're not. When we say we're not they start to say we're going to charge subscription fees to access them. I'm not sure how else to say it, but no there will be no paywall, fee or any impediment to playing community scenarios for free!

All I can say for sure is that whoever posted that has no insights in to what the team are doing and their future plans, so its clearly an attempt to stir things up. Why... who know... its the internet. As Command gets more and more successful its getting more attention and this kind of thing is inevitable I guess. Sad, but inevitable!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

It wasn't Mike that suggested that. His post was nebulous. It was a bunch of comments speculating on what he might have meant, and he never replied, so speculation runs amok :-)
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”