Modern Naval units?

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
mussey

Modern Naval units?

Post by mussey »

Has anyone updated/created modern naval ships? What comes with purchase are just a couple of Missile Cruisers. What I'm looking for are:
- Missile frigate
- Missile Destroyer
- modern etc.

Thanks for any help or pointers.
Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

josant

RE: Modern Naval units?

Post by josant »

have you seen this?

tm.asp?m=4431184
JA
mussey

Post by mussey »

Wow, incredible!

If I only use the nqp file will that mess up the current/original eqp file that I will continue to use? I only want to change the naval units. Also, does the nqp file go into the Overide Folder, or the Graphics Overide Folder?

Looking forward to this if it doesn’t wreck my current eqp OOB.
Col. Mussbu

josant

Post by josant »

You can not use the nqp file alone, you also need the eqp file, because this file also have the ships, so, you must put the 2 files in the Graphics Override Folder, but, as this is a new database it is incompatible with your current database, if you do this, as you say, you wreck your current eqp OOB.
JA
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: josant
You can not use the nqp file alone, you also need the eqp file, because this file also have the ships, so, you must put the 2 files in the Graphics Override Folder, but, as this is a new database it is incompatible with your current database, if you do this, as you say, you wreck your current eqp OOB.
Sorry, I don't really understand your response...are you saying that using a new nqp file with an existing eqp file will break the eqp file? If so, how are we supposed to use new nqp files?

[EDIT] My question is addressed in linked thread above...
josant

Post by josant »

The nqp file only stores the durability, armor, agility, accuracy and speed values, the rest of values (Anti personel, anti air, defence, range of guns, shell weight, ...) are stored in the eqp file.
To modelate a ship you also need to edit the eqp file, and if you edit this file adding more units, then, the units of the scenario, due to this equipment changes, have wrong equipment attached to him.
JA
mussey

Post by mussey »

ORIGINAL: josant

The nqp file only stores the durability, armor, agility, accuracy and speed values, the rest of values (Anti personel, anti air, defence, range of guns, shell weight, ...) are stored in the eqp file.
To modelate a ship you also need to edit the eqp file, and if you edit this file adding more units, then, the units of the scenario, due to this equipment changes, have wrong equipment attached to him.

Josant, thanks for the clarification. Somehow in my next project I will use this...
Col. Mussbu

mussey

Post by mussey »

I began to modify the stock naval forces in the Equipment Editor for modern 1980-ish naval war. Many ships still had naval guns, but Surface-to Surface missiles (SSM) were being incorporated. I'm not sure how to model this. The various guided missile vessels (FFG, DDG, CG) used Harpoon (US), Exocet (French), SS-N-2's and -3's (Soviet). Below is what I came up with, but I'm dubious if I set these up right.

I know many of you in this forum have experience with this. Any suggestions?

Attachments
Screenshot26.jpg
Screenshot26.jpg (123.1 KiB) Viewed 54 times
Col. Mussbu

mussey

Post by mussey »

... and this:

Attachments
Screenshot27.jpg
Screenshot27.jpg (274.37 KiB) Viewed 54 times