We need full real DB editor! Now!

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

spec111

We need full real DB editor! Now!

Post by spec111 »

Guys! This is crazy! We need this DB editor! And we must stop this hard-coded nonsense!

I'm tired of waiting for months of corrections and changes that I can make in a minute! I'm tired of bothering because the variant of some aircraft that I need for my "what if" mission, will never appear in game! I'm tired of manually adding complex ship modifications each time for my micro-campaign! Enough!

Let's just admit that we dont need you!The less we have you - than better for us!! You can develop DB3000, you can not to develop it... We dont care! Honestly... we dont need it! DB is good enough!

Once again - we dont need you! We pay you not for these problems and not for this endless begging! If we needed this, we would go to another zombie-MMO. Let's honestly admit that often we are better than you, we have more books, we know more languages ​​and we have more insane fantasies. [:D]

You tried to put DB under control. But it doesnt work. And it creates a lot of problems for us. [:@]

Just stop it! And give us an DB-editor...

Sincerely, your taxpayers. [&o]
stilesw

RE: We need full real DB editor! Now!

Post by stilesw »

Occupation listed: Born to loose. =).

Can't argue with that but spelling could be improved.
“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

ORIGINAL: spec111

The less we have you - than better for us!!

See, you can always find common ground.
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

It's never going to happen. This has been explained and debated to death. There are solid reasons why WarfareSims will not do this and it will not change. It would create many more problems than it would solve, and frankly, I don't see any problems with the closed DB the way it is.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I'll repeat my own old chestnut...

Anyone is free to do exactly what these devs did when database issues in Harpoon got their goat. Go find a couple friends and build your own database and game, which I suspect will be very Russian equipment-focused, and build your own game. Its that simple.

I see maybe a half dozen people really bothered by this. How about playing the game? I mean for your sixth post in over the span of a few years, you know how to troll, I mean get a response.
spec111

Post by spec111 »

ORIGINAL: HalfLifeExpert

It's never going to happen. This has been explained and debated to death. There are solid reasons why WarfareSims will not do this and it will not change. It would create many more problems than it would solve, and frankly, I don't see any problems with the closed DB the way it is.

Problems for whom? For me? I already have a lot of problems because of the closed database!

I need a version of Mig-29 with one particular radar, a specific load of weapons and modifications of the volume of fuel - and it simply does not exist in the database! And the whole mission goes to hell! But when creating missions, dozens and hundreds of such situations arise! In fact, you create a huge database of such changes! But it can not be saved! Do I have to spend two hours each time to re-create this database of changes?

As for the debate and the reasons. Everything is much simpler - all the debates end in different subjectivity and conflict of interests of different parties! We are the subjects. And the developers are subjects. We have interests. And the developers have interests. And all this contradicts each other. This is the basis for the conflict.

Developers want control and unification. We want freedom and customization. There is no way to agree. Everyone has different interests.

But there is one problem - we pay for all this! I pay for all this!

I dont download scenarios from other people. I dont distribute my own. I dont care about changes in DB3000. So just give me the editor and dont bother me anymore.

I'm tired of developers trying to play DB-gods. You cant do it. You cant keep up. You lose. So just enough. [:-]

Do you want to develop DB3000? Perfectly. But without me. I do not want to put my game in dependence on your problems. We all went through this with Harpoon Classic and with Harpoon 3. You screwed up already then. That's enough.[;)]
spec111

Post by spec111 »

I see maybe a half dozen people really bothered by this.

For СMANO it's a lot! A few dozen people to play with a record world online of 100 people (steam's data) - that's HUGE amount of people! [:D]

p.s.
For my fresh scenario, I need to create about 10 platforms, about 5 types of buildings and 3-4 types of combat loads! And also fix 3-4 errors in the database. And when will I get all this? Never. And how much does it take me? No more than 1 hour of time. [:-]
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

You did not pay for your own personal database...absolutely not. It is not advertised as such. In fact, it is explicitly stated that YOU CAN'T edit the database. You have your own little pet peeve because the poor old Russian XXXX unit isn't as buff as you like.

For your own mental health you should probably downgrade to Harpoon.

btw, you can save everyone one of the custom units you build, just not in a database. I think this shows how little you know about the game you are trying to play.
spec111

Post by spec111 »

Lol. Do not try to sell me this crap... And no, all your nonsense is not arguments and no counter-arguments. So just do not waste my time. [:D]

p.s.
Btw. I need to weaken one of Mig-29 variants, rather than strengthen it. As for the real parameters of Soviet weapons - I know more about them than you. =)

As for the real parameters of Soviet weapons - I know more about them than you. Just because I have several hundred books on soviet weapons. And everything is in russian. So go be poor somewhere else. [:D]
spec111

Post by spec111 »

ORIGINAL: spec111

Lol. Do not try to sell me this crap... And no, all your nonsense is not arguments or counter-arguments. So just do not waste my time. [:D] I need just an editor. I can create good custom database by myself.

p.s.
Btw. I need to weaken one of Mig-29 variants, rather than strengthen it. As for the real parameters of Soviet weapons - I know more about them than you. =)

As for the real parameters of Soviet weapons - I know more about them than you. Just because I have several hundred books on soviet weapons. And everything is in russian. So go be poor somewhere else. [:D]
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

That's 100 on Steam playing right now, not the numbers of players. Command is one of Matrix's biggest recent sellers. So I bet the number of players on the Matrix side is measured in 1000's. You seem to have conveniently forgotten that the game was on Matrix two years before Steam.

You are coming across like a little kid who can't get what he wants. My poor little Mig-29 doesn't work the way I expect it to. If I had my way, I would immediately move any db request from you right to the bottom of the pile.

btw, I didn't see that pile of requests for db updates you seem to absolutely need. Was that too much work for you? Also, there are hundreds of scenarios out there. I bet if you try real hard, you can find a few that aren't COMPLETELY broken.

I am really surprised your posts aren't in all CAPS. You just seem like that kind of guy.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

You might know more about Russian weapons, nut not much on how to influence people.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I really don't understand why you are playing this game instead of Harpoon. There is still a somewhat community and a db editor. And best of all, there is Herman Hum with 25 different variations on databases. I would think that would be your dream.

Also, you claim to have paid for database editing. Can you show me a receipt or a list of features where that is detailed?
spec111

Post by spec111 »

That's 100 on team playing right now, not the numbers of players.
No! This is the total number of active players with a steam version!
You are coming across like a little kid who can't get what he wants. My poor little Mig-29 doesn't work the way I expect it to. If I had my way, I would immediately move any db request from you right to the bottom of the pile.
Lol. It's just ad hominems! And this is not an argument! So go to be hard and smart in your own kitchen! Mr. Virtual fighter... [:D] And dont even try to make it personal. [:-]
btw, I didn't see that pile of requests for db updates you seem to absolutely need. Was that too much work for you? Also, there are hundreds of scenarios out there. I bet if you try real hard, you can find a few that aren't COMPLETELY broken.
Febrary-March 2015... It was enough for me. No, most CMANO scens are crap. I dont need them.
I am really surprised your posts aren't in all CAPS. You just seem like that kind of guy.
Lol... Just an another ad hominem? Be not-so-smart somewhere else. [:D]
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I really am not sure what you are getting at. Do you want an argument? Because there is none. These guys built something, you don't like it. Why are you using it? I pointed out the options available to you.

And you haven't answered my basic question. You said you paid for a database editor. Can you prove that? Because I haven't seen a single person on this forum that thought they were getting one. So can you at least answer that basic question. At least then we have a foundation for a real argument. Because up to this point there really isn't an argument to be had. You've come with nothing except a little yelling.

Also...so you couldn't find one single scenario you liked or was of a high enough quality to play? Do you want some suggestions?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Not sure why but every time spec111 posts I have this image of one guy screaming "Attack!!" leaping from his foxhole and getting promptly mowed down while his mates look at each other wondering what the heck was that all about.

Mike

thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Its just too easy.
spec111

Post by spec111 »

I really am not sure what you are getting at. Do you want an argument? Because there is none. These guys built something, you don't like it. Why are you using it? I pointed out the options available to you.

And you haven't answered my basic question. You said you paid for a database editor. Can you prove that? Because I haven't seen a single person on this forum that thought they were getting one. So can you at least answer that basic question. At least then we have a foundation for a real argument. Because up to this point there really isn't an argument to be had. You've come with nothing except a little yelling.

Also...so you couldn't find one single scenario you liked or was of a high enough quality to play? Do you want some suggestions?
Faсepalm... [:D] Everything is so bad? Bro, I do not spend my time on such traumatized people. So go sell this crap to someone else. About 10 years ago I would have spent a lot of time on your troubles and on demonstrating your logical\manipulative mistakes to you - but now I just do not care. Especially on the Internet. So bye! [:-]
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Wow, even easier than I thought. Not sure what the forum will do without his 9 posts as contribution.
spec111

Post by spec111 »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Wow, even easier than I thought. Not sure what the forum will do without his 9 posts as contribution.
Facepalm... [:D]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”