Why my RR unit cant repair Odessa?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

No idea

Why my RR unit cant repair Odessa?

Post by No idea »

It has 99% TOE. More than enough movement points. It has just repaired two hexes this turn. So why I cant repair Odessa railyard?
Denniss

RE: Why my RR unit cant repair Odessa?

Post by Denniss »

Axis unit I assume ?
Did you miss a rail hex so you current location has no link back to a working rail line ?
If that's the Romanian repair unit it's repair ability is limited to about 2 hexes per turn.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

Think that Odessa will be automatically repaired once the damage of the port is below a percentage that depends on the size of the port. Size 3 67 per cent for ex
No idea

Post by No idea »

ORIGINAL: Denniss

Axis unit I assume ?
Did you miss a rail hex so you current location has no link back to a working rail line ?
If that's the Romanian repair unit it's repair ability is limited to about 2 hexes per turn.

It is one of the FDBs not the romanian unit. I didnt miss any rail link, I am sure of that.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Railyards (factories) are not repaired by FBD, only rail on map.
No idea

Post by No idea »

ORIGINAL: morvael

Railyards (factories) are not repaired by FBD, only rail on map.

I am not sure what you mean. I cannot repair the rail on map which is on Odessa. I know the reilyard will take time. Sorry if I didnt explain it correctly.

Ps. I am sure that it is not because of low TOE because I can repair the rail adjacent to Odessa (the one that goes to a dead end on the south) after repairing the two previous rail links to Odessa. But why the Odessa one cant be repaired is beyond me.
No idea

Post by No idea »

Ok, mistery solved. It seems a coincidence happened. The Odessa rail link had already been repaired by one of the RR support/construction units before my FDB unit reached Odessa and the rail link to Odessa was repaired. As Odessa is a port, I guess it can be repaired even if there is no link with my rail?
morvael

Post by morvael »

Yes, it was probably repaired automatically.
Searry

Post by Searry »

Press r to see all rail links.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”