8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Hortlund

8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES

Post by Hortlund »

Here you can hang out and trashtalk eachother.

OKH, the turn is in the dropbox.
The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..
Stelteck

RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES

Post by Stelteck »

Did soviet union surrended yet or there will be one or two turn more ?
Brakes are for cowards !!
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

We have strangled those nazis in crib, thus rodina will win. [:'(]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: Panzerjaeger Hortlund
OKH, the turn is in the dropbox.

Is that the Soviet turn 1 end/ Start Axis turn 2? If so I cannot see it in dropbox?

Edit It just arrived!
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Russian aggression knows no bounds. Not content with invading Germany on the 18th of June, and inspite of facing the German led counter invasion, what do the Soviets do? Bomb a completely neutral country Finland - again! [hex74,9!] (The rumours of a secret pact with Finland were are all lies!)

I guess Finland will be joining our invasion in a couple of weeks.

Whatever will they do next? Invade another neutral neighbour? Who is left - Persia?

When the Soviets surrender the international community will thank us! (cue for some more ranting!)
ORIGINAL: Stelteck

Just need to lower the forefinger a little [:D]
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

Yeah, sorry because of bombing of the Finns, I was too curious whether this is possible. Already reported this in the Tech support...

The Germans are always lying (ask me, I am one [:D]).
Your propaganda minister Josef Goebbels is the worst of all.

Your army will be pushed back by our conterattacks and our way to Berlin, we will bring the countries we have to go through (hungary, poland, slovakia etc.) the bolshevism they desire so much.

Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

Yeah, sorry because of bombing of the Finns, I was too curious whether this is possible. Already reported this in the Tech support...

The Germans are always lying (ask me, I am one [:D]).

My agents in Helsinki intercepted your communication and told me days ago!

[Soviets did bomb Hungary first, albeit by mistake. And in Halders war diaries he said Finland was bombed after 22June but before Finland started hostilities. So historically ....]

According to profiles etc we have an Axis team (Brit, French, Pole, Canadian) against Soviets (Germans, Finns) - so complete role reversal!
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Axis end of turn 2 file in dropbox.

It is in the password save format .psv - Soviet end of turn 2 can be sent in formats .psv, .surrender, .whiteflag, or .capitulate
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

The words surrender, whiteflag and capitulate are completely banned in the Red Army, whoever uses them, be it spoken or written, gets a new job in a coal mine in siberia (the costs for travel in the tenth class+protection by NKVD guards will be overtaken by the Soviet government).
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist
The words surrender, whiteflag and capitulate are completely banned in the Red Army, whoever uses them, be it spoken or written,

Defections are sent by ICQ, so you will never know [:D]

How are the Soviet team doīng?
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

Damned. I have already sent a NKVD regiment to Leningrad to bring me some scientist which will find out what this mysterious ICQ is and how to use it :D

The Soviet high command has given his orders, but so far only the Northern command has done his turn. Today I have tried to contact the other commanders but so far no reply. Really if you bomb our communication network you must not be surprised if doing the turns takes some time....

Some comments on my part of the fronts (Leningra area): I have played only one PbeM Road to Leningrad against against a newbie German so far, so I had no real experience what the Germans can do. My goal was to making a deep push as expensive as possible MP wise. Unluckily, the Panzerkorps surrounded my defenses from the south where I had a weakspot-lesson learned.
But at least the Germans did not cross the river at Pskov, which will be sold as a minor victory to the STAVKA.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

I think lowsugar said he has not done many versus human games and described his opening moves as Sluggish -to which I ask what would the non-Sluggish moves be like!!! The problem with team play is you do not see the intermediate steps, but now that we finished the turn I suppose I can get your turn end file and fly some recon to see what the positions were? I find the 1941 Soviet play style deeply frustrating. What you call a weak spot was probably just the calculated risk and sacrifice instead of something worse.

Historically Soviet command was paralysed then. The only high order commands were about going on the attack. So we could play turn 2 historically by your taking no more moves and handing us back the file to pocket more of your army[:'(]

Sardaukar's profile says they have been online so I assume on the case. Soviets is a more difficult proposition in 1941, and more so as a team game. Axis difficulties are co-ordinating land and air. Soviet difficulties are... well everything! The offer of our team protocol is still there and I would like to incorporate Soviet experience into it.
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

I think lowsugars opening moves are fine, he took Riga and crossed the river south of Riga with a fair number of mobile divisions which are difficult to contain. As you say I had to take some calculated risk but I could have placed 1-2 units better to make life a little little bit harder.

Did I understand you right that you would like to have our (respectively mine) turn end file of turn 1? Not sure whether Hortlund will allow this, and giving information to the enemy can end your career/life immediately in the workers paradise.

Taking no more moves before we send the turn is not the historical way. First we have to attack everything in reach with our army, no matter the odds.

I would be very interested in your team protocoll, if only to find out where I can use the C&C difficulties between the Army Groups [:)]
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

[:D]

By turn end file I meant after you hit turn end and then the logistics phase. So I can see it with our password, but before any of our short range recon or combat. Our turn start. I also have the file after lowsugar has done his combats. But it means, as Supreme Commander, I never see the latest view of the Soviet front line just before combats. So some of the granular detail of ground operations is invisible to the Supreme Commander.

I posted the latest version of our protocol in our AAR. Rather than double posting I would like to invite you to our AAR temporarily. Give a delay just in case Stelteck, Timmeh, and lowsugar can see anything incriminating, and delete all those nasty comments we were making about you [:D] I have not started posting analysis or secret screenshots so it should be OK.
It is just the minimum to make team co-ordination work. Anything else, like playing historically, is an overlay on top of that. It is meant to be generalisable to any WitE team game or side - and I can already see it needs more when SU automatic assignment is working.
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

E-Mail sent.
Thanks for the invitation, I will look at your thread in a few hours.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

The Abwehr strikes again [:D]

ref:Air defense of Berlin in June 1941

Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

As the Soviet delegation did not agree to our surrender terms, we will have to close our AAR to Soviet visits.
Hortlund

Post by Hortlund »

Turn is in the dropbox now for the germans
The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

The Abwehr strikes again [:D]

ref:Air defense of Berlin in June 1941

Sheer coincidence, why should Soviets hit Berlin proletarians who are suppressed by the Nazis?
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

What you are not surrendering? Oh well gluttons for punishment!

I guess we return from the shadowy world of forums espionage back to the real action.

lowsugar,
Not at a PC at the moment but will get back and do my thing. Hopefully with you tonight but otherwise definitely tomorrow (European time).

Return to “After Action Reports”