Scenario: Tanker Wars 2017 - JSM missiles? Nulka decoy? Help needed

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

TheCabal

Scenario: Tanker Wars 2017 - JSM missiles? Nulka decoy? Help needed

Post by TheCabal »

Hello guys,

I'm doing the Scenario Tanker Wars 2017 at this moment and came pretty far (for a newbie). But, I stumbled
on a unresolvable problem and read in various AAR, that the guys had 8 JSM Missiles for their disposal.

That's excactly what I could need right now but I can't find them anywhere (incl. Database). I tried to restart the scenario to check my weapons again... no JSM or alike.

(can't post a link to the AAR. It's called Trench Run by totallynotabrony)

The next question:
Do the ships automatically deploy decoys? I saw the chaff in use, but how about the fancy Nulka rocket?

Thanks for clarification in advance!! (After the tutorials, this scenario is my second scenario, the first being Stand Up and I'm fascinated by CMANO!

Greetings,
Cabal
TheCabal

RE: Scenario: Tanker Wars 2017 - JSM missiles? Nulka decoy? Help needed

Post by TheCabal »

Anyone perhaps? :(
poaw

Post by poaw »

That may be a part of some inaccurately researched scenario design that unfortunately slipped passed quality control. The LCS in question should be equipped with Naval Strike Missiles (NSM), which is item #299 in the database. The JSM (Joint Strike Missile) is an air-launched derivative of the NSM and they should be on-board your ships unless you fired them already, in any case they're in the database under "Joint Strike Missile (JSM) -- Norway, 2018+", item #2885.

TheCabal

Post by TheCabal »

Hmm ok.. will need to find out the creator of this scenario and report the missing NSM's inside it.
poaw

Post by poaw »

I am the scenario creator.

Both of my versions (development and from the community pack) have the JSMs.
TheCabal

Post by TheCabal »

Hmm something is not right here on my comp then... I don't see these missiles on any on the LCS. Running the updated version of CMANO in Steam and downloaded the actual Community pack. What is the issue here? Maybe I fail to see the issue here.
Demetrious

Post by Demetrious »

ORIGINAL: TheCabal

Hmm something is not right here on my comp then... I don't see these missiles on any on the LCS. Running the updated version of CMANO in Steam and downloaded the actual Community pack. What is the issue here? Maybe I fail to see the issue here.

Interesting. I was going to suggest trying to update the database using the provided .ini file, but doing this with the version of the scenario available through the Steam Workshop (which should auto-update) left me with vanilla LCS's armed with the Hellfires. I loaded up the scenario from the Community Pack folder I downloaded ages ago (i.e. old,) and the JSMs are there as expected.

Might be a Steam thing...?
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

The Steam Workshop scenarios don't usually have a INI. So upgrading to current database would go vanilla.
Michael
TheCabal

Post by TheCabal »

Don't I get the current Database only through official updates?
poaw

Post by poaw »

Thank you for looking into that. If that's the issue I can provide a copy of the scenario to any party that can fix the problem, but I can't do anything about it myself myself.

As far as the Nulka:

I'm not sure but I don't believe so due to the way Command handles softkill defenses/decoys:
Basically for each seeker type only one type of decoy will be used, in order of how effective they are. In the case of the LCSs in the scenario they have Sea Gnats (20% chance of success) and Nulkas (15% chance of success) so the Nulkas will only be used if the ship can't use Sea Gnats (out of decoys, mount out of position, inoperative, etc).
Demetrious

Post by Demetrious »

ORIGINAL: michaelm
The Steam Workshop scenarios don't usually have a INI. So upgrading to current database would go vanilla.

Oh dear, that'd do it. In that case re-downloading the latest version of the Community Scenario Pack would be the go-to.
TheCabal

Post by TheCabal »

Even after downloading them, I got the same issue. I'm afraid I'm missing something here. I will delete, re-download and retry them.

Though I do not understand what might the case with the INI... can someone explain this to me and how it should go vanilla? [&:]
poaw

Post by poaw »

The INI that comes with some scenarios contains a record of the changes the scenario designer made to the platforms in the scenario. In this case, adding JSMs to the LCS.

Although I am unsure if that is the problem because I don't believe the Nulkas or Hellfire missiles would have been present either if that was the case.
TheCabal

Post by TheCabal »

Thanks for clarifying! I will give you feedback in a sec. if something has changed after re"installing" the scenarios from the actual community pack. I'm so eager to continue [:)]

EDIT: Ok I reinstalled CMANO, got the actual community pack 34 and can confirm that no NSM are available from the LCS group.
poaw

Post by poaw »

ORIGINAL: TheCabal

Thanks for clarifying! I will give you feedback in a sec. if something has changed after re"installing" the scenarios from the actual community pack. I'm so eager to continue [:)]

EDIT: Ok I reinstalled CMANO, got the actual community pack 34 and can confirm that no NSM are available from the LCS group.

Do you have JSMs?
TheCabal

Post by TheCabal »

No JSM either. Just the same stuff. The missile is missing and I got Hellfires. (like Demetrious stated above)

CommunityPack34 (newest) & CommunityPack32 (Steam Workshop) bring's no joy.

The Tanker Wars 2017 INI (from the newest community pack) show the addition of these missiles into a mount:
###############
<!--LCS 6 Jackson (LCS 2 Independence [1840])-->
<Mount_6_2279>
<!--LCS Mission Module-->
<WeaponRecAdd_7100 />
<!--Joint Strike Missile (JSM)-->
<WeaponRecAdd_7098 />
<!--Joint Strike Missile (JSM)-->
</Mount_6_2279>
<Mount_7_2279>
<!--LCS Mission Module-->
<WeaponRecAdd_7100 />