Totally OT: Time Commanders

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

RogerJNeilson

Totally OT: Time Commanders

Post by RogerJNeilson »

This has been dredged up from a series that was last run decades ago... It uses the Total War engine to 'recreate' battles from history and puts a team of players on each side to refight it. Last night was Waterloo. There are snippets where you see the off weapon being used to demonstrate what they looked like and what they did, but then the 'battles' commence. Genius commands like 'run all your infantry there', and 'what units have we got left?' culminate in Napoleon and Wellington charging into a final melee where Napoleon gets killed..... I kid you not.

Oh dear, oh dear, dumbing down.....

Time Commanders

If you can get it on Iplayer one way or another its worth the few minutes to see a Brown Bess discharge or a cavalry sabre take a coconut apart, but that's it folks.

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
geofflambert

RE: Totally OT: Time Commanders

Post by geofflambert »

Time Lords laugh at the silliness Time Commanders (hah!) engage in. Below on the left you see two Time Commanders, Claire Boothe and Henry Luce. Did they have a Tardis as seen on the right? I think not.

Attachments
lucesandtardis.jpg
lucesandtardis.jpg (464.12 KiB) Viewed 53 times

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3

This has been dredged up from a series that was last run decades ago... It uses the Total War engine to 'recreate' battles from history and puts a team of players on each side to refight it. Last night was Waterloo. There are snippets where you see the off weapon being used to demonstrate what they looked like and what they did, but then the 'battles' commence. Genius commands like 'run all your infantry there', and 'what units have we got left?' culminate in Napoleon and Wellington charging into a final melee where Napoleon gets killed..... I kid you not.

Time Commanders

If you can get it on Iplayer one way or another its worth the few minutes to see a Brown Bess discharge or a cavalry sabre take a coconut apart, but that's it folks.

Roger

Could we be a little less patronizing? They're just having fun plugging a historical battle into an RTS platform as a mod because they can. I don't think you're supposed to take it seriously as a reenactment/simulation. Total War is a perfectly fine RTS game, by the way.

Sheesh.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Time Lords take nothing seriously.

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Of course not, they're British.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Time Commanders

Roger
warspite1

Thanks - I'll take a look. I loved Time Commanders back in the day [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

But there is an importance in being earnest. [:)]
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Anachro

Shouldn't Earnest be capitalized? And what makes him so danged important anyway? Does he make more money than the rest of us?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: Anachro

Shouldn't Earnest be capitalized? And what makes him so danged important anyway? Does he make more money than the rest of us?

Well, Earnest Hemingway did, and he reported that his twin brother Ernest wrote nothing but utter crap.

RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Time Commanders

Roger

Could we be a little less patronizing? They're just having fun plugging a historical battle into an RTS platform as a mod because they can. I don't think you're supposed to take it seriously as a reenactment/simulation. Total War is a perfectly fine RTS game, by the way.

Sheesh.

Sorry no I cannot dial down the patronizing level, it is hard wired. I am not having a go at Total War, I am having a go at a TV programme that has about as much touch with reality as the film that shall not be named.....

The format suggests you are supposed to take it seriously....

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Time Commanders

Roger

Sheesh.

Sorry no I cannot dial down the patronizing level, it is hard wired. I am not having a go at Total War, I am having a go at a TV programme that has about as much touch with reality as the film that shall not be named.....

The format suggests you are supposed to take it seriously....

Roger

Well, they're British, right?

Maybe it's just really dry humor. Although you're from there, so... who knows?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”