Incorrect Hex Control on Liberation

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Omnius

Incorrect Hex Control on Liberation

Post by Omnius »

I had just liberated Syria as the British from the Germans and had given it back to France and I had one hex change control incorrectly. I noticed that hex 70.70 switched to Italian control for some odd reason when all the rest of Syria correctly went French. Italy never had any units in Syria. I had cleared that hex for British control the turn before and had advanced British units to the Turkish border with the HQ tracing supply back along that rail line.

So I was a tad chagrined to see all of those British units near Turkey out of supply to start the next turn rather than staying in supply. I saw that it was hex 70.70 that changed to the wrong Italian control that caused my supply problem. Luckily I had a spare 1-4 motorized division nearby which could be sacrificed to be disorganized so I could reopen my supply line. I hope this can be fixed so no one else gets this nasty surprise.

Omnius
Attachments
HexPossesionBug.zip
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Courtenay

RE: Incorrect Hex Control on Liberation

Post by Courtenay »

Would it be possible to post a game from before the conquest phase, so that Steve could see what MWiF was doing?
Just seeing the results of a bug does not tell why the bug happened; it is a lot easier to figure out if you can catch the bug in action, rather than just seeing the end result.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Incorrect Hex Control on Liberation

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

Would it be possible to post a game from before the conquest phase, so that Steve could see what MWiF was doing?
Just seeing the results of a bug does not tell why the bug happened; it is a lot easier to figure out if you can catch the bug in action, rather than just seeing the end result.
I have a couple saved games for this bug but I would welcome having another, just to make sure any corrections I make solve the known instances of it not processing ownership correctly after liberation.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Omnius

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

Post by Omnius »

Shannon,
Luckily I hadn't gotten far enough along with the next turn to overwrite the Reform Corps phase. The attached file takes you right to the Reform Phase and it's only a few clicks before the Liberation subphase that changes the clearly British controlled hex to Italian control.

Omnius
Attachments
BeforeHex..trolBug.zip
(1.54 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Tech Support”