[RELEASED] Jean Moulin Rouge, 1994 -- new beta for testing

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mgellis

[RELEASED] Jean Moulin Rouge, 1994 -- new beta for testing

Post by Mgellis »

A new scenario for testing. Colombia and France are mad at each other and France is afraid Colombia will attack some of its fishing boats (in fairness to Colombia, some of the fishing boat captains have been behaving very badly). France must patrol the waters to the west of Martinique and make sure three trawlers make their ways safely back to the island. Colombia, however, may have other ideas...

As always, please let me know what you think. Suggestions, comments, etc., not only on the basic scenario itself, but also things like how the orders look, if all the Events work properly, etc. are all welcome. Thanks!

Attachments
JeanMouli..ge1994.zip
(36.21 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
mikkey

RE: Jean Moulin Rouge, 1994 -- new beta for testing

Post by mikkey »

Thanks for another interesting scenario Mark. As a playable side is also "Colombian fishing boat", it is ok?
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: mikkey

Thanks for another interesting scenario Mark. As a playable side is also "Colombian fishing boat", it is ok?

Whoops. No, I missed that one. Thanks.

(The Colombian fishing boat is a neutral, but he's also a tattletale...he follows a random course but if he spots one of the French fishing boats, he'll share that information with the Colombian navy!)

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Any other comments or suggestions? Or is this ready for the Community Scenario Pack? Thanks!

Flankerk

Post by Flankerk »

Played through and got a minor victory 150 points. I lost the one boat but to be truthful I doubt you can protect it.
I think the only slight reservation was the boats get on station but there are five or so hours to go in the scenario. However its not a problem to let the clock tick down.

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.
Patmanaut

Post by Patmanaut »

I´ve played it, also a minor victory / 150pts.
When read the after action report, it seems the Colombian FF spent all its exocets to sink the trawler. (maybe a bug.)
Off course I had noticed about this after the scenario ended, which made me overcautious, and constantly moved my A-69 corvettes away from the FF missile range.
I attacked both Colombian ships with my Mirages leaving them crippled, and finished off with the A-69s guns.

I do have a question, I´m sorry, maybe I´m ignorant of caribbean geopolitics, but I´m curious anyway. Why the Colombian navy would venture so eastwards to enforce disputed fishing rights so near of the Venezuelan coast?

Thanks again for your scenarios.

Saludos

P.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: Patmanaut

I do have a question, I´m sorry, maybe I´m ignorant of caribbean geopolitics, but I´m curious anyway. Why the Colombian navy would venture so eastwards to enforce disputed fishing rights so near of the Venezuelan coast?

I'm assuming the Colombians are so angry about what happened before the scenario starts--the situation described in the scenario background where a bunch of French fishermen pulled guns during a boarding and inspection and some Colombian sailors got hurt--that they are looking for an excuse to at least harass and perhaps arrest some French fishing captains. So they're all over the Caribbean looking for any French fishing boats that might have done something wrong. They also know France usually only has a couple of corvettes or light frigates in the area, so they are not expecting an actual shooting war to start over this even if they are pushing the envelope on what the Law of the Sea allows.

And then (one assumes) one of the fishing boat captains in the scenario refuses to stop and things sort of go South from there.

In other words, a perfect storm of anger, miscalculation, and good old fashioned bad luck.

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Is this ready for release?
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Already released. I just checked the Community Scenario Pack on my computer.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks!
AlexGGGG

Post by AlexGGGG »

Mark,

you need to review whatever triggers the event "Neutral unit destroyed". Looks like you are using the same pattern in multiple scenarios, and there is a problem (with the scenario file from the opening post and 678.18).

I'm getting

26-Sep-94 20:57: Score changed from 0 to -25. Reason: Event Action: '-25 points' has been fired (part of Event: 'Neutral unit destroyed')

with nothing in Losses & Expenditures - nothing lost and no shots fired as of yet.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Yes, it's the same issue as in some other scenarios. For some reason, if you don't specify a type of unit (e.g., ship) in the trigger, the Event seems to go off randomly. Easy to fix, though. I'll take care of it and post a revised version. Thanks.

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Okay, Sunburn and anyone else who needs to know...new version has been posted in the "Please use this to post ready scenarios" thread. This should take care of the bug. Thanks!

AlexGGGG

Post by AlexGGGG »

Great, I can score much better now, thank you :)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”