All things iPad

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rodney727

All things iPad

Post by rodney727 »

I just want to start off with this. This thread will be about wargames and role playing games , which are my favoritte generes. For those of you with iPads one app that is a must is called splashtop 2. It allows you to connect to your computer anytime and anywhere. Feel free to post your own thoughts on iPad games that you want to see made by matrix or older titles.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
freeboy

RE: All things iPad

Post by freeboy »

Ok
The origonal red baon
"Tanks forward"
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

That would be nice. Remember this is just the beginning for tablet gaming. With civ5 being made for the iPad it will open all doors I feel. Anything is possible.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Challerain

Post by Challerain »

Just started playing KOTOR on the iPad. So far a very good port.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I took a break for awhile from all things matrix....but have to respond to this.... Over at PT it seems that panzer corps will be released sometime before 2014(place your bets now). .. From the pics it looks only like PC vanilla and not the dcls. It's a huge disappointment for me. I did take with a grain of salt that world at war will be released in 2014. Hey Iain care to comment on your statement that we are still trying to be honest? 25% 0f your revenue is comming from iPad games! Just think if you put the dcls into the mix bet it would jump to 50%... Silly Americans what do they know anyway! Enjoy your tea and bisquts over in America we grab a water or dew. Regards!
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The ui for panzer corps is currently an exact port of PC to get it up and running and now the work to make it iOS friendly begins. World at War is running I the emulator and the screens are from that. Scheduling these things is hard but those are the dates we are working to. Time will tell if they are accurate.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
DSWargamer

Post by DSWargamer »

Splashtop works on Android as well, and is nice to use. I should make a point here though, that which happens on the tablet via Splashtop, WILL be happening on the source PC as well. So keep it in mind, that if the PC is visible, anything happening on it is visible if the monitor is on.

As for iOS games, it is looking like I will need to cave in and buy an iPad of some version. Sadly, as nice as Android is for a user, I understand it has shortcomings if you are a software creator.

Might become moot if MS can actually figure out how to make a Windows using tablet, and not charge like they were Apple. I give MS till end of 2014 to get access to my dollars before likely picking an alternative to replace my early era Android device.
I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

There is a feature with splashtop to lock your computer so it's just a blank screen on your laptop. I use this feature when I'm away from home. In short I get full access to everything on my computer via iPad .
ORIGINAL: DSWargamer

Splashtop works on Android as well, and is nice to use. I should make a point here though, that which happens on the tablet via Splashtop, WILL be happening on the source PC as well. So keep it in mind, that if the PC is visible, anything happening on it is visible if the monitor is on.

As for iOS games, it is looking like I will need to cave in and buy an iPad of some version. Sadly, as nice as Android is for a user, I understand it has shortcomings if you are a software creator.

Might become moot if MS can actually figure out how to make a Windows using tablet, and not charge like they were Apple. I give MS till end of 2014 to get access to my dollars before likely picking an alternative to replace my early era Android device.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Double post
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Drive on Moscow is due out in two weeks for iPad. I'm really looking forward to this. I loved the bulge game they made.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Return to “General Discussion”