Deal of the Week...great deals!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

Deal of the Week...great deals!

Post by wings7 »

I've been taking advantage of this new promotion. So far I've purchased Forge of Freedom, Commander-Napoleon at War & Crown of Glory-Emperor's Edition.
I plan to retire fairly soon so I'm am stocking up on some great games that will keep me very busy and active for many years! I look forward to each week to see what the new Deal of the Week will be. Who else is taking advantage of this great promotion?

Happy Gaming!
Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
histgamer

RE: Deal of the Week...great deals!

Post by histgamer »

I purchased FOF, nothing else so far, waiting to see what else goes up. I'd probably buy War Plan Orange if it was put up, otherwise I'll wait and see if it's in the holiday sale and re-evaluate, last year I think it was on the holiday sale but I couldn't pull the trigger, this year I'd like to get it but I'm guessing I'll be buying a PS4 so my holiday spending will probably avoid it given I want a PS4 and also a Vita when finances permit.
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: wings7

Who else is taking advantage of this great promotion?

I feel vaguely guilty about not doing so having banged on about some of the titles that should be on sale, and I did want to buy Napoleon at War if it came up. Crown of Glory they can stuff; the update discount offered on release to those who had bought the original game was absolutely pathetic and it's still overpriced for me.

Rather more positively I will be sending money Slitherine/Matrix's way though with this month's gaming budget set aside for Lost Battles, and the upcoming DW and CoH expansions. Some proper releases at long last!
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I have taken advantage of SPWAW-GE(had the free version) and UV! Hope their are more deals of the week coming on some other interesting games!
JRR
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

I bought Commander Napoleon at war as an intro to the war and politics of that era. I already own the Emperors edition but got lost in working out who I should be attacking [:'(]

Cheers
Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

I'm just glad to see them doing this and hoping it will bring in some decent sales on the older titles.

I'm totally strapped for cash right now due a multiple computer crash (power supply failed on one box and then the system drive developed issues on my major gaming rig). Just blew what little cash I had on a new hard drive, a new power supply, and a new CD/DVD drive.

Sorry Matrix... would really support the new initiative if I could [:)]

Oh, and thanks to Customer Support for helping with with a Harpoon 3 re-download! Great work!
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

I have brought three titles thus far. Really love these deals they keep offering.
A Sharif
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Just received Panzer Command Ostfront...what a outstanding game! Very similar to Combat Mission...I highly recommend them both!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

Just bought Harpoon Ultimate edition and used my upgrade coupon from previous versions..

I am a tight fisted Scot yoo see [;)]

Cheers

Jev
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Just bought Harpoon Ultimate edition and used my upgrade coupon from previous versions..

Cheers

Jev

Jev, I'm tight fisted too but I can't pass up these great deals on some of these great games! Happy Gaming!

Patrick

Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

ORIGINAL: wings7

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Cheers

Jev

Jev, I'm tight fisted too but I can't pass up these great deals on some of these great games! Happy Gaming!

Patrick

My piggy bank is empty until next week...... Now I wonder what next weeks deal will be? [;)]

Cheers

Jev
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Hopefully they will put WW1 Gold: La Grande Guerre 14-18 in a future sale. That game deserves some more sales. One of the best of all of Matrix offerings IMO. Actually, it's incredible.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

The one I'd jump at is War Plan Orange. Hardly a title to attract new players, though, so I guess it's unlikely to be selected. [:(]
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

wings.. are you looking for suggestions??
"Tanks forward"
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

wings.. are you looking for suggestions??

I'm always looking for suggestions from veteran game players like yourself! Thanks!

Patrick
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Hopefully they will put WW1 Gold: La Grande Guerre 14-18 in a future sale. That game deserves some more sales. One of the best of all of Matrix offerings IMO. Actually, it's incredible.

Looks like the game has been discontinued...[:(]
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

No Sir. I don't think it is. Here is the product info. The first version that came out was full of bugs and a counter intuitive map orientation, something that was resolved for the gold release.

Some games are massive because of all the different units and things you have to do each and every turn. What makes WWI Gold massive are all the options and event that can be played where no two games are the same.

The combat is also much better than any other AGEOD game IMO because you get to impact the battle as it progresses positioning your first and second line troop[s and reserves. It is another unsung hero in this genre and if it wasn't for the state of the initial release of the first version, I think many more would have picked it up.

The developer is still releasing patches despite its failure to generate a wider audience.

mo reb
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Here is an AAR that might be interesting to some.

And here is another. I've not read through the entirety of those two, but they make a good preview, if even just for the screens.

Check them out for a glimpse of some of the many facets of the game.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

No Sir. I don't think it is. Here is the product info. The first version that came out was full of bugs and a counter intuitive map orientation, something that was resolved for the gold release.

Some games are massive because of all the different units and things you have to do each and every turn. What makes WWI Gold massive are all the options and event that can be played where no two games are the same.

The combat is also much better than any other AGEOD game IMO because you get to impact the battle as it progresses positioning your first and second line troop[s and reserves. It is another unsung hero in this genre and if it wasn't for the state of the initial release of the first version, I think many more would have picked it up.

The developer is still releasing patches despite its failure to generate a wider audience.

mo reb

Thank you mo reb, I stand corrected which is good to see...looks
like a good game!

Patrick
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Can anyone recommend the Current Deal of the Week offering "Close Combat Modern Tactics"? It looks quite interesting to me...

Patrick

Return to “General Discussion”