Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/17/2013 9:37:00 AM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

LOL, see Vic? Never satisfied.

Giving ideas is a good way to help Vic, specially when it´s required by himself. In some way to improve AT is our responsability: We´ll have the game that we deserve. Also he stated he´s working alone, a bit of help will be worthy. I guess some of us are not the kind of guys that think: "Hey Vic, everything you do is perfect even the mistakes", that´s the fanboys and spin doctors mentality.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 1/17/2013 10:42:25 AM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 61
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/17/2013 4:13:35 PM   
Vic

End of the month I am aiming for the next patch. The plan is to add 3 more cards in that patch that are only to be used from a high HQ (a HQ that controlls other HQs). By introducing these cards you'll have a chance to end up with some officers which your rather might put in a high command than in a frontline command position.

Best,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 1/17/2013 4:19:28 PM >

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 62
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/17/2013 5:12:50 PM   
Jafele

A supreme comander should be able to get part of his assigned HQs experience (in the same way that officers get experience from his units assigned). I suppose the supreme commander will rarely command an attack, his work consists in make globlal plans for your army. If nothing is changed, sooner or later your supreme commander will be a low level officer in comparison with others because he won´t be fighting and getting loads of experience. It doesn´t make sense that the supreme commander have a low experience level.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 1/17/2013 5:17:57 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 63
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/17/2013 6:38:12 PM   
Twotribes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele

quote:

LOL, see Vic? Never satisfied.

Giving ideas is a good way to help Vic, specially when it´s required by himself. In some way to improve AT is our responsability: We´ll have the game that we deserve. Also he stated he´s working alone, a bit of help will be worthy. I guess some of us are not the kind of guys that think: "Hey Vic, everything you do is perfect even the mistakes", that´s the fanboys and spin doctors mentality.

So a fan boy is someone that notes that no matter what gets done people always want more? Interesting definition.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 64
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/17/2013 6:48:26 PM   
Webizen

Your supreme commander can be sent to the officer pool and then be replaced by another more experienced combat officer, especially one that is holding the training card. In addition, as Vic just stated, the next patch will have some cards that are exclusive to officers in charge of other officers.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele
If nothing is changed, sooner or later your supreme commander will be a low level officer in comparison with others because he won´t be fighting and getting loads of experience. It doesn´t make sense that the supreme commander have a low experience level.

Tac2i

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 65
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/17/2013 9:25:11 PM   
Josh

Cool

The "training card" oh yes that one is great, except when the Officer hurts himself/ gets shot/ falls into a ditch/ falls of a tank/ gets beaten up by his mistress haha lol.

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 66
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/19/2013 2:12:40 PM   
towerbooks3192

Not sure if a bug or I missed something. I was pretty sure when my Raw didn't add up was an oversight on my part when I forgot that roads/rails require raw. In a new game of mine with the latest beta patch, the PP doesn't add up. I have the green to an amount of +37 and when I checked my turn report it only says I am gaining 4. Is there something I am missing again? I am pretty sure that I am not creating any new HQs especially with officers since they cost a lot and I haven't created more than 3 new units in my turns so far. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 67
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/19/2013 3:18:18 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192

Not sure if a bug or I missed something. I was pretty sure when my Raw didn't add up was an oversight on my part when I forgot that roads/rails require raw. In a new game of mine with the latest beta patch, the PP doesn't add up. I have the green to an amount of +37 and when I checked my turn report it only says I am gaining 4. Is there something I am missing again? I am pretty sure that I am not creating any new HQs especially with officers since they cost a lot and I haven't created more than 3 new units in my turns so far. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

Yep you missed something Suppose you have a city producing PP's but it's *not connected" to a HQ it can reach. Be it the Supreme HQ, or any other HQ for that matter. Now that city produces say 8 PP per turn. Now this will add to your total PP's for the next turn. But if it ain't connected the next turn it will say 16 PP's, the turn after that 24 PP's and so on. It's the same with other stuff you produce but can't connect to a HQ... it *is* produced but not delivered to the pool. So either you must connect the PP producing facility to your HQ via roads ... or place a HQ in that city ... (need not to have any staff in it...!!) and set that city to produce for that newly placed HQ. Sometimes in very large random maps it can be very hard to connect it to your SHQ, so then you create such a dummy HQ, ofcourse with this increased HQ cost you may think about that twice.

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 68
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/19/2013 3:21:45 PM   
towerbooks3192

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192

Yep you missed something Suppose you have a city producing PP's but it's *not connected" to a HQ it can reach. Be it the Supreme HQ, or any other HQ for that matter. Now that city produces say 8 PP per turn. Now this will add to your total PP's for the next turn. But if it ain't connected the next turn it will say 16 PP's, the turn after that 24 PP's and so on. It's the same with other stuff you produce but can't connect to a HQ... it *is* produced but not delivered to the pool. So either you must connect the PP producing facility to your HQ via roads ... or place a HQ in that city ... (need not to have any staff in it...!!) and set that city to produce for that newly placed HQ. Sometimes in very large random maps it can be very hard to connect it to your SHQ, so then you create such a dummy HQ, ofcourse with this increased HQ cost you may think about that twice.

Thank you Josh! Now I could continue my game in peace. I was really bothered about this and I was unable to continue my game. Will keep this in mind. Question though,will this apply to other productions as well like supplies or units? Really sorry for missing stuff, I am still new to this game.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 69
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/19/2013 3:23:13 PM   
Josh

One small addendum. You can even check that out once you've found that PP producing city... it will say in the produce menu; produce 4 PP ( or whatever number) , left 12, real 16... something like that.
Same with any other stuff that can't reach it's destination... produce 4, left 12 (produced in previous turns but never reached its destination) totals 16.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 70
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/19/2013 3:31:05 PM   
Josh

"...Question though,will this apply to other productions as well like supplies or units..."

Yep. But see that ain't so confusing because those numbers and totals are not depicted on the top of your screen... so you're not aware you're producing stuff that never reaches its destination/SHQ/HQ.
One small help can be the "production overview" where you can see what you're producing in what city. This totalled number is also denoted in the totals production screen, so you maybe thinking you're producing 20 light tanks where you are only producing 4... but the other 16 are still in the factory... never left the building  This can be a bit confusing yes... ofcourse the moment you're connected... all of it suddenly arrives in the next turn.
This will also mean that the PP number in green can decrease, going from say + 230 to + 200. The extra 30 arrived in one package hehe see it as a christmas gift.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 71
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/19/2013 3:34:37 PM   
towerbooks3192

Thanks Josh! Will keep all of it in mind. Now everything is much clearer. Playing as the Russians on a small random map and now I have tons of troops to throw at the enemy while I am technologically behind (not even a single machinegun!!). At least I have a lot of cannon fodder though

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 72
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/23/2013 8:25:28 PM   
Twotribes

How come hqs made without officers can not later have officers assigned? As for asking things how about limiting it to what is reasonably possible and doesn't totally change the game?

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 73
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/24/2013 3:15:44 PM   
Josh

quote:

How come hqs made without officers can not later have officers assigned? As for asking things how about limiting it to what is reasonably possible and doesn't totally change the game?

Don't know the answer to your first question .. yet, haven't played the last patch yet...probably has to do with the producion cost in PP's
But as to question number two, asking never hurts and I have a sneaky suspicion Vic will implement only smaller updates, if it would alter the game radically it would involve way too much work. He might as well then sell it as a new game. As I see it now AT will evolve along the line AT-ATG-ATPlatinum, so changes yes, but only small .. improvements.
Now the question is... what will come after that?

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 74
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/24/2013 4:02:36 PM   
Twotribes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

quote:

Don't know the answer to your first question .. yet, haven't played the last patch yet...probably has to do with the producion cost in PP's
But as to question number two, asking never hurts and I have a sneaky suspicion Vic will implement only smaller updates, if it would alter the game radically it would involve way too much work. He might as well then sell it as a new game. As I see it now AT will evolve along the line AT-ATG-ATPlatinum, so changes yes, but only small .. improvements.
Now the question is... what will come after that?

PP cost is not a problem, to buy an extra officer costs the same whether in a hqs or as a separate purchase.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 75
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/24/2013 5:03:35 PM   
Josh

Maybe it's a bug then? Maybe create a separate thread then for this one as it might escape Vic's attention. Haven't got a clue personally

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 76
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/25/2013 12:39:05 AM   
pzpat

I must agree with Two Tribes. When I lose an officer after playing an action card there is no way (that I have found) to replace him. The headquarters must go leaderless for the rest of the game. The alternative is to create a new HQ with a new leader and then suffer the readiness loss for a number of critical turns before the army can rejoin combat. That's not realistic. There should be a way to add a leader to an HQ that doesn't have one. Leaders cost PP's just as HQ's do, so there should be no problem on that issue.
On another subject, I have found a way to get a free leader in most games. When I am confident that my capital won't be attacked, I create a leaderless HQ (that sounds funny) that I name "Supreme HQ." I then rename the original "Supreme HQ" to something else and send it and the leader into combat. The new Supreme HQ then takes over the administrative duties of the old one, including creating units, without penalty.

My thoughts, so far.

Pzpat

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 77
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/25/2013 1:44:42 AM   
Rander

There is a way to assign a leader to a non-leader HQ:

You must have:
1. A leader on the officer's pool
2. Another HQ with a leader on it.

Then:

1. Select the HQ with the leader.
2. Open the Officer's pool.
3. Select the HQ with no leader.
4. Select a officer from the pool.
5. Click on the "Appoint" button. (You have to pay 1PP)

The key is to have another HQ with an officer so you can open the officer's pool window.

Bye!

(in reply to pzpat)
Post #: 78
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 1/25/2013 5:22:56 AM   
pzpat

I tried it; it works! Thanks, Rander. Another thing on my wish list that I forgot to post earlier. It would be fun to be able to name my own officers--not forever, just for the one game. How can I do that?

(in reply to Rander)
Post #: 79
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 2/10/2013 3:34:21 PM   
jnpoint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

@mean,

Basically i am now using the ATG player base to help test how some new features work with the existing random games. It should be a fair trade off :) i get to try out some new stuff and get some good testing results for the eventual big AT upgrade and in the meantime the players get some new content to play around with.

Thank you, and keep doing that :) but when will any of those changes be official, I can't get the beta patches to work :(

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 80
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 2/10/2013 6:25:47 PM   
Webizen

I'm not going to assume anything so just bare with me:

1) If you used Vic's ZIP file for 2.14, it only works on version 2.11 and up. If you met that requirement, then you must have unzipped one or more of the files into the wrong place.

2) If you didn't use the ZIP file but the official Matrix installer obtained from the Members Area, then that should simply work. You download and install, providing the serial number when required. To play a random game with officers, you choose the button that says A New Dawn.

If neither 1 or 2 apply, then you need to be more descriptive of what isn't working.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jnpoint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

Thank you, and keep doing that :) but when will any of those changes be official, I can't get the beta patches to work :(

Tac2i

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 81
RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. - 2/10/2013 7:15:38 PM   
jnpoint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

I'm not going to assume anything so just bare with me:

1) If you used Vic's ZIP file for 2.14, it only works on version 2.11 and up. If you met that requirement, then you must have unzipped one or more of the files into the wrong place.

2) If you didn't use the ZIP file but the official Matrix installer obtained from the Members Area, then that should simply work. You download and install, providing the serial number when required. To play a random game with officers, you choose the button that says A New Dawn.

If neither 1 or 2 apply, then you need to be more descriptive of what isn't working.

Thanks, now the problem is solved. I did use zip files, but the file from the Member area was installed without any problems, I just didn't realize that I could get it there too.

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 82
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: Officers in ATG, your thoughts please. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI