I wish

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

wodin

I wish

Post by wodin »

There was a few more linked campaigns..I like the smaller scenarios and following one particular army. I'd buy an expansion pack of some linked campaigns...definitely. I find the bigger scenarios abit overwhelming, esp as I'm more a tactical wargamer. So the smaller scenarios I really enjoy.
Toby42

RE: I wish

Post by Toby42 »

+ 1...
Tony
wodin

Post by wodin »

Treale, the linked campaign is perfect for me. Smallish scale, plus you can role play abit. I also get far more immersed with fewer units. The large campaigns with so many units immersion drops off and I also feel overwhelmed.

I'd love it if Vic released a whole series of games that follow a certain Army through the war. A Sixth Army campaign would be cool.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Treale, the linked campaign is perfect for me. Smallish scale, plus you can role play abit. I also get far more immersed with fewer units. The large campaigns with so many units immersion drops off and I also feel overwhelmed.

I'd love it if Vic released a whole series of games that follow a certain Army through the war. A Sixth Army campaign would be cool.

I agree. The linked Campaign is my favorite "Scenario"!
Tony
Bonners

Post by Bonners »

I'm in both camps TBH. I love playing something like the game panzer corps which is ideal for when a bit less time is available and I just want a game against the AI, but I am also really getting into the big campaign games.

Having said that I'd tend to agree with you I'd love to see another linked campaign. When you havent got the time or energy for a human opponent the linked campaign is great and adds another dimension to the game. The other main benefit is that the AI puts up a far better challenge in the linked campaign.

By the looks of it Vic has his hands full fine tuning the overall game at the moment, so who knows, one of those clever modder types might come up with something at some point[8D]
wodin

Post by wodin »

My first go at the limked campaign I got cocky at one point and rushed ahead for the final two objs...only for it to poor down, halt my advance..then the Russians after pulling back, counter attacked taking out my isolated units and thus ending with my first try. Loved it.
Krupinski

Post by Krupinski »

+1 (really enjoyed the 1. Panzer)
wallas

Post by wallas »

My wish is 1941 to Berlin 1945. [X(] Well your at it Vic please allow me to setup industrial facilities, and tailor my war economy along with production.

Thank You

Wallas
mkjhartmann

Post by mkjhartmann »

I like linked, smaller scenarios. Makes me feel more "connected" to the troops somehow. I guess that is one reason I lean towards the tactical scale,albeit this is my favorite game in a long time.
AKCLIMBER

Post by AKCLIMBER »

ORIGINAL: wodin

There was a few more linked campaigns..I like the smaller scenarios and following one particular army. I'd buy an expansion pack of some linked campaigns...definitely. I find the bigger scenarios abit overwhelming, esp as I'm more a tactical wargamer. So the smaller scenarios I really enjoy.

+1 [&o]
parusski

Post by parusski »

I wish I w3e43 20 years younger.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”