Am I missing Something?

Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in the game. War, diplomacy, technological progress, recruitment, conquest – this is all in your hands. There are no restrictions to the actions you can perform during your turn: unit movement, purchase, attack, technology investment, reinforcement, all of those can be done at any moment during the turn.

Moderator: doomtrader

michael1776

Am I missing Something?

Post by michael1776 »

This is my first game from Wastelands. So far I am liking it. I would probably compare it to Commander EAW. This is a good thing, because that was a great game. What I would like to know is what do the symbols next to the city hexes stand for. I get the numbers; the left number seems to be max supply generated, and the right number looks like the hex victory points. What I need to know is why some cities have oil barrels, or drops of oil next to them? I don't see where I have a stockpile of oil. Do my motorized units use oil to move? If so is this split out from supply consumption? I think I missed this in the manual and the tutorials. Can someone more familiar please explain?

Thanks!
MJ

Current Games:
Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Panzer Corps
Battle Academy
Forge of Freedom
doomtrader

RE: Am I missing Something?

Post by doomtrader »

The Oil barrel represents supply source, in other words it is a city which distributes supply to other cities and later to your units.

The Oil drop represents locations which are only the source of resources, so rather something like industry regions than cities.

Return to “Strategic War in Europe”