Kamikaze Training, Working As Designed?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Nemo121

Kamikaze Training, Working As Designed?

Post by Nemo121 »

When I set units to train as kamikazes their naval bombing skill is what goes up.

I'm curious though if any other factors play a role? E.g. Would IJA bombers with a high ground attack skill use that skill instead of the naval skill or is only the naval skill used?

Secondly if I send kamikazes in at low level ( say 100 feet ) would they still use the naval attack skill to determine their hit chance or would they switch to using low naval attack as other bombers would if sent in at that altitude?
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
michaelm75au

RE: Kamikaze Training, Working As Designed?

Post by michaelm75au »

Kamikazes attack at low level as they crash into ships.
The training should be affecting the LOW_NAVAL_SKILL.

Currently, to affect LOW_LEVEL the group would need to train at 100' for Kamikaze mission.

In addition, flying training missions for kamikazes should also improve their flying experience levels.
Michael
Nemo121

Post by Nemo121 »

Low Naval eh?

My kamikaze units which are on Training as Primary mission and Kamikaze as secondary ( this training as Kamikazes ) are gaining Naval Attack skill. I amn't training them at 100 feet though so obviously that needs to change.

Just to be clear though... ALL kamikazes check against the LOW Naval Attack skill to see if they hit, irrespective of their flight pattern ( e.g. whether they come in high or low ) ?
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

It should be a combination of EXP (flying skill) and SKILL_NAV_BOMB_LOW.
Michael
StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

My kamikaze are doing the same as Nemo121 when in training mode their naval bombing is going up not the Skill_Nav_Bomb_Low. I have had units train up from 10 into the 50's (No wonder my Kamikaze suck when they attack)

My game has been going a long time started without patches and now running the latest patch1.0.4.1106g 
CV2

Post by CV2 »

So set their alt to 100'. Then they will train low naval.
Nemo121

Post by Nemo121 »

Yeah, the solution seems to be:

1. Set Kamis to TRAIN 100% NAVAL ATTACK.
2. Set Altitude to 100 FEET.

End result they gain low level naval attack skill and some basic flying experience. They don't tend to get above 40 General Flying Exp this way but with 40 Low Level Naval Attack and 40 General Flying Exp they should do fairly well 33 to 50% hits, so call it 40% and assume a linear relationship between the mean of Low level naval attack and general flying experience and the to hit% when flying as kamis.

Good info, thanks michaelm.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Michael, et. al.,

My most advanced game is not yet in 1943, so this is a ways off for me.  However, I am doing some training on Low Naval bombing skill development at 1000'.  The skills in Low Nav have been rising quite satisfactorily with these settings (90% training, 1000', range=0, etc.)  Am I doing something wrong or will these skills be the correct ones to utilize for the Kamis?  Isn't Low Nav B trained for at less than 5,000 feet?

Thanks in advance.
StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

My guys just dont seem to want to train in low naval. When I do it to non Kamikaze it works but for the Kamikaze no go so far.

here are my results for 20 game days of training. the 1 orange was left over from when I changed the settings when I had the Altitude set to 10000. normally within this time frame 80% would have upgraded Exp and NavB at least once.

Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (106.05 KiB) Viewed 70 times
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Michael, et. al.,

My most advanced game is not yet in 1943, so this is a ways off for me.  However, I am doing some training on Low Naval bombing skill development at 1000'.  The skills in Low Nav have been rising quite satisfactorily with these settings (90% training, 1000', range=0, etc.)  Am I doing something wrong or will these skills be the correct ones to utilize for the Kamis?  Isn't Low Nav B trained for at less than 5,000 feet?

Thanks in advance.

True, the current low level trigger is <6,000 feet.
Looking a the code, a fighter group being trained for Kamikaze at 100' would actually improve their STRAFE skill.

So, I am wrong saying use 100'. It would be better to use 1000' in that case.
Michael
StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

I will try at 1000 and see how I go. I am also transfering pilots with low naval from other groups to my kamikaze groups. Thanks for the tip michaelm

Return to “Tech Support”