Flak limit at a particular site

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

vimconfused

Flak limit at a particular site

Post by vimconfused »

Is there a limit to the amount of flak you can have at any one location? Has this got anything to do with the size/capacity information you can see on radar sites/ground units etc?

The reason I ask is that I've piled in a lot of flak into the ground units on the gustav line, and I'm sure some of it is disappearing whether or not they are attacked. So I'm wondering if the game is reducing the total number(/size?) of the flak down to certain level. I also see that some of these ground units are above their stated capacity. Mind you, this figure doesn't seem to change when I add or subtract flak. I haven't noticed flak disappearing from radar sites or airfields, just these ground units. (Of course I could simply be going mad!)
Tuk

RE: Flak limit at a particular site

Post by Tuk »

Yes, flak does disappear from ground units, no doubt. I assumed it was due to ground combat. I also notice little if any aparent benefit in piling on masses of flak, but that might just be circumstantial rather than design.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

well, troops are always good for flak traps, and the AI loves to bomb them, more then the Player normally does, and in some areas, it is very HARD not to fly over/though them, so always a use for some Flak to be there

not sure about attriction, but it sounds right
wernerpruckner

Post by wernerpruckner »

in the old bob and btr there was kind of a limit......you only should but max 255 AAs on a site, after that the buffer was full and started from zero => 256 AA was than Zero AA and 257AA = 1..........
but that was the old BtR

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”