WIP Database Editor vs. 6.00

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the game editor for WITP.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Mike Wood

WIP Database Editor vs. 6.00

Post by Mike Wood »

Hello...

This version should be available for download, as soon as it bubbles up in the production que.

Changes for War in the Pacific Database Editor, version 6.00

1. A new button, “Update Weapons for All Groups”, appears on the aircraft screen, which updates all weapons in groups of the selected aircraft type. So, if you modify the weapons for the P-40 and click this button, all groups equipped with P-40s will have their weapons modified to equal the weapons indicated on the aircraft P-40 weapons section.
2. A new button, “Update Weapons for All Ships”, appears on the (ship) class screen, which updates all weapons on ships of the selected (ship) class. So, if you modify the weapons for the Swan class and click this button, all ships of the Swan will have their weapons modified to equal the weapons indicated on the (ship) class Swan weapons section.
3. A new menu item, “Update All Aircraft Weapons” allows you to make all group weapons to be made the same as the aircraft weapons of their type. This is a useful batch feature, in case you would like to make a large number of changes to aircraft weapons and then update all groups with one operation.
4. A new menu item, “Update All Ship Weapons” allows you to make all ship weapons to be made the same as the (ship) class weapons of their type. This is a useful batch feature, in case you would like to make a large number of changes to (ship) class weapons and then update all ships with one operation.
5. A minor bullet proofing now makes all (ship) class bitmaps with a type greater than zero and a bitmap equal to zero, a one. So, if you create a ship class and forget to assign a bitmap value, the editor will assign a bitmap value of 1, when you save. This will cause the end users to complain the ship (say a minesweeper) looks like the Yamato (bitmap #1), instead of crashing the game to desktop and leaving you with no idea why.

Bye...

Michael Wood
CobraAus

RE: WIP Database Editor vs. 6.00

Post by CobraAus »

I can see Sid gnashing his teeth already when he thinks of the thousands if indivual Air and Ship weapon changes he has had to do
thanks Mike this looks a good update to Have

Cobra Aus
Coral Sea Battle = My Birthday
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

Great! Thanks Mike. You have added a few sorely needed features to the editor.

One question, though:
5. A new menu item, “Sort Groups”, puts all the fighters together, the bombers together and so forth. It compresses the groups some, by deleting all the groups with a delay equal to 9999 and removes blank spaces. It sorts by nationality, within aircraft type.

Won't that mess up some of the slot hard coding, such as the B-29 A-bomb squadron (forget the number)?

Andrew
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

Mike Wood

Post by Mike Wood »

Hello...

Removed sort feature. Kept finding new hard coded slots and ran out of time.

Bye...

Michael Wood
ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown

Great! Thanks Mike. You have added a few sorely needed features to the editor.

One question, though:
5. A new menu item, “Sort Groups”, puts all the fighters together, the bombers together and so forth. It compresses the groups some, by deleting all the groups with a delay equal to 9999 and removes blank spaces. It sorts by nationality, within aircraft type.

Won't that mess up some of the slot hard coding, such as the B-29 A-bomb squadron (forget the number)?

Andrew
pad152

Post by pad152 »

Thanks Mike

A couple of issues I would like to see addressed in the database editor.

1. When in the Air Groups Screen, if you change the "Aircraft Type" by typing in the number VS. selecting from the pull-down list, it will change the Name of the Aircraft Name but not the Weapons (i.e. Devices).

Example: Scen 15, go the Air Group Screen, and select Air Group 007, the 90th Lt. Sentai, it's aircraft type is ("65", Ki-48 Lily), now change the aircraft type by typing in "66" into the Aircraft Type field, the the Aircraft Type now shows ("66" Ki-49 Helen) BUT the weapons (Devices) still show the same as the Ki-48 Lily!

The Devices only change if you use the pull-down list!

2. A list of (hard coded slots) or a warning message if you try to change a hard-coded slot!

Monter_Trismegistos

Post by Monter_Trismegistos »

I would like ability in SHIPS scren to select ship CLASS by entering digits. Now you must select class of a ship by choosing from list, its qute tiring when you have to select 1800th thing from the list...
Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą
RalfBHV

Post by RalfBHV »

ORIGINAL: Mike Wood

This version should be available for download, as soon as it bubbles up in the production que.

When is it avaible?

Ralf
Oliver Heindorf

Post by Oliver Heindorf »

where is it aviable ?

if a version 6 is in the line, where is v.5 ?

thanks !
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

Praise the Lord!

This is remarkably ironic timing: I completed the RHS series last night - and am running a test of RHSEOS prior to release in a couple of hours - also waiting for any final comments from other testers. Murphy must be laughing big time.
Big B

Post by Big B »

So where is this new miracle available to be downloaded???!![X(][8D][&o]
Mike Wood

Post by Mike Wood »

Hello...

No idea. Gave executable to production folk, who put it in release que.

Bye...

Michael Wood
ORIGINAL: Big B

So where is this new miracle available to be downloaded???!![X(][8D][&o]
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Yay !! [&o][&o]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Ron Saueracker

Post by Ron Saueracker »

This is SOOOOOOO useful. I bet pry wished this was available during development after my typo.[:D]

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
RevRick

Post by RevRick »

JUST BECAUSE: In Best Bart Simpson Voice "Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet?"

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY - and don't get burned, hurt, or too snockered.
"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Distiller

Post by Distiller »

you mean we can d/l it at http://www.matrixgames.com/games/latestfiles.asp  once it's ready? or elsewhere? just curious, don't want to miss it.
Ron Saueracker

Post by Ron Saueracker »

I can't find it...guess it is still pending.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

Does it mean that there's a newer version than the 1.0 that came with the game/patchs?
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
pry

Post by pry »

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

This is SOOOOOOO useful. I bet pry wished this was available during development after my typo.[:D]

Which one was that Ron there were soooo many I had lost count.... [;)] I had to make MILLIONS of changes to the data bases because of typos... And still did not get them all... There are something like 2.25 Million possible data fields to each scenario times 16 scenarios which makes for a possible 36 Million editable data fields just in the stock game... Every time I had to make one change I had to do it 16 times...

ORIGINAL: Jan Masterson

Does it mean that there's a newer version than the 1.0 that came with the game/patchs?

Don't let the version number confuse you, 1.0 was the public version released with the game...

The inhouse editor we used was version 5.6 or something like that I cant remember right now and with these improvements it is now up to version 6.0.

So in reality this should be considered version 1.1 of public editor, the only real difference between the inhouse and public editors is that you are unable to save into slots 1-25 with the public release editor... I have never used the public release editor so I can not say for sure if that is all the differences but to the best of my knowledge that is all...

And yes this version does make life much better for Modding community...
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

thank you for this answer Pry, very informative.

A little bit out of topic question: is it possible to introduce new nations via the editor?

I would like to introduce Belgium along Netherlands (or mix them into a new "Benelux" country) and Germany along Japan.

regards,

Jan
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
pry

Post by pry »

ORIGINAL: Jan Masterson

thank you for this answer Pry, very informative.

A little bit out of topic question: is it possible to introduce new nations via the editor?

I would like to introduce Belgium along Netherlands (or mix them into a new "Benelux" country) and Germany along Japan.

regards,

Jan

Not Possible to add new nations via the editor. You can add German equipment to emply Japanese device slots as an example thus making them available to the Japanese side to use.

Read the editor manual very carefully as certain slot ranges in each data base are reserved to specific sides... Putting things in the wrong location will cause havoc...

Return to “Scenario Design”