Please Refresh My Memory

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Panzer Capta

Please Refresh My Memory

Post by Panzer Capta »

Just installed version 8.2 after having previous versions for a number of years. It is been so long since i installed a new version of SPWAW i forgot what causes the black screen (i.e., no visible map) when trying to generate random battles. I remember having this problem a number of years ago, someone in the forum told me how to prevent it, but i cant remember the solution....must be getting old. Anyway, i would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
chief

RE: Please Refresh My Memory

Post by chief »

Two wild a@@ guesses.....clear steel.prf file, start from Mech.exe file in main folder.

my 2 pesos
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
Warrior2

Post by Warrior2 »

Run your cursor around a bit, sometimes it just takes a while to generate.
bchapman

Post by bchapman »

This usually happens to me after I've loaded several maps. Seems to hog the memory, and have to do a reboot. [:D]
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford
Panzer Capta

Post by Panzer Capta »

Thanks for the advice, i do remember deleting the steel.prf file in the past, and that does work. The problem is, and i suppose there is no way around it, one often needs to delete this file, and everytime you do, all the "preference" settings need to be reset. I suppose it is better than not working at all. Anyway, thanks again for your advice. I will also try the moving the mouse around as another member suggested.

Dave

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”