Desert War: Enter Rommel Challenge

Brian Kellys Desert War: 1940-42 captures the drama of the campaign for North Africa during World War II.
bcgames

Desert War: Enter Rommel Challenge

Post by bcgames »

The Enter Rommel: Advance to Tobruk scenario does not have an AI for reasons previously explained. However, it can be played human-vs-human and I want to make sure owners of the game have the opportunity to play it. Towards that end, I have posted two PBEM challenges...one for Axis, one for Allies. If you want to play, select a challenge. I'm happy to share tips, answer questions, and accept feedback from all comers. So if you want to try your hand moving the tiny around The Big Blue against a human opponent--here's your chance.
bcgames

RE: Desert War: Enter Rommel Challenge

Post by bcgames »

P.S.

You can quit a challenge whenever you want; my objective is to teach people the game and/or help them improve their game. I will post a new Enter Rommel challenge for every one accepted--up to 15 games--so you don't have to jump in now if you are busy, not ready, etc. I turn around turns in 24 hours or less. Now, what will it be...the Axis or Allies for you?
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Axis Tips:

* In this scenario mobile supply units (MSU) are very important. There are two MSUs on the Axis side of the house. These units are critical to providing forward supply to the Afrika Korps (DAK). Push them forward whenever you can--connect the line of communications to the pointy end of the spear.

Attachments
CdoSuper2DAK.jpg
CdoSuper2DAK.jpg (46.77 KiB) Viewed 294 times
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Human-vs-human. Challenges are back up there. Pick your side and let's dance!
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

A few words for the Axis Player:

"...quick's the word and sharp's the action."

If the Axis Player is going to win, he can't lolly-gag his way to Tobruk. If you are slow, British reinforcements will come and they will threaten you far to the west of the Tobruk fortifications. So push as fast as you can wherever you can. Keep your combat power consolidated--don't spread it out over the entire front like mayonnaise on a samich. If you need to attack without supplies to maintain the momentum--attack without supplies. Take Benghazi and Barce as soon as possible; beyond that don't get into fisticuffs over the rest of the rough/mountainous region between Barce and Derna--not worth the effort. Fix and bypass the Australians to the south if they want to hang around in the mountains--take Timimi as soon as possible to cut them off! Push, push push! And never end a turn without putting your logistics tail in the best position possible to support future operations--extended supply is better than un-supplied any turn of the week.
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

A few words for the Allies Player:

"RUN AWAY!"

Do NOT try to hold the Axis around Mersa Brega with the 2nd Armoured Division. The Afrika Korps will chew you up and spit you out without breaking a sweat. With the 6th Australian Division you have two choices--get out or get cut off. If you choose to get out, then run like Hell--get East of Timimi as soon as you can. If you choose to stay, do not lose Bengasi, Barce, or Derna--make the Axis pay to take these places. And they will pay dearly if they try...but know this--the 6th Australian in Tobruk prevents it from falling before reinforcements arrive. But if 2nd Armoured Division can get back there relatively intact, things can work out in your favor. It's a delicate balance. You decide.
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Who wants to play?

I've issued challenges for Axis and Allies...pick your poison.

Let's go!
rmwood6426

Post by rmwood6426 »

I accept your challenge.....
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Okeedoke
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

If you need help in getting started/launching a PBEM game, just let me know.
rmwood6426

Post by rmwood6426 »

You guessed it, need some help registering to PBEM. Seems my AV software is having some issues with it...
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Hmmm...I don't know any work-rounds for that. Can you describe what is happening? Maybe smarter people can diagnose the problem.
rmwood6426

Post by rmwood6426 »

I was able to login in to Multiplayer mode this morning. However, since this is my first go around with PBEM I will need some guidance to get started. Can you issue a challenge my way? I can go with Allies if you're good with that...otherwise I can work with Erwin/the Axis.
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

I sent you an email with instructions.

Return to “Desert War 1940 - 1942”