A couple of questions

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Majick

A couple of questions

Post by Majick »

Hi All,

I have World at War and am enjoying it. Now I'm thinking about War in Europe and have a couple of questions.

1/ I'm running World at War quite comfortably at 3440x1440 resolution. Would I be able to do the same with War in Europe or is it's scaling more limited?

2/ Do those of you who have played both feel that the game system works better at the World at War scale or the War in Europe scale?

Cheers

Hubert Cater

RE: A couple of questions

Post by Hubert Cater »

I can answer #1 as that would be a YES as both games use the same setup for resolution and game play handling.
Majick

Post by Majick »

Thats good news, thanks very much Hubert
Majick

Post by Majick »

No-one has a view on whether the game system is more suited to War in Europe scale or World at War scale?
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I have WIE, but not WAW - Yet.

When WAW was released there was some discussion on scaling of the map and lack of room for units to maneuver, or something like that. You'd have to look back in the WAW forums to find it.

All I know is I played The Great War today, and what an improvement the new series is!

Mike
nnason

Post by nnason »

I have both games including the previous versions.

Both are great games with outstanding developer support, vast community interest, and active modding.

I was one of the people that took part in the scaling discussion. I prefer the WiE scale and calendar timing as I think it better represents the time distance challenges of European fluid mobile warfare. China was much less fluid. The Naval campaigns in the Pacific were very different from the Atlantic campaigns.

The developers did an excellent job of making the game engine work for WiE and WaW. However, in my view, it would be better to have two separate games with economics, politics, and land/air/sea units able to move between the two games. Then you might be able to have 4 players. A multiplayer game of SC has always been a desire of mine.

When you get WiE please join our multiplayer ELO tournament. We have 32 players (not all active,) 69 completed games, and around 8 active games.
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: Majick

No-one has a view on whether the game system is more suited to War in Europe scale or World at War scale?

Here is a good discussion about that from the WaW forum.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4574047

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”