Update/Playtest Arctic Tsunami 2019 Version 5.0

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

morphin

RE: Updated to Arctic Tsunami 2019 Version 5.1 attached

Post by morphin »

Hi
I would like to destroy the 3 bunkers at the boarder with the AS-14 Kedge. I can hit the bunkers with the canon on the Mig_29MT, but i can not release the Kedge (it says it must first detect the target). Fore me it seems like a bug....

Any hints?

Andy
ARCNA442

Post by ARCNA442 »

ORIGINAL: morphin

Hi
I would like to destroy the 3 bunkers at the boarder with the AS-14 Kedge. I can hit the bunkers with the canon on the Mig_29MT, but i can not release the Kedge (it says it must first detect the target). Fore me it seems like a bug....

Any hints?

Andy

I ran into that same problem and assumed Kedge simply can't target bunkers for some reason. It doesn't really effect the scenario though since you have a plethora of other weapons to chose from.
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

I believe the "Problem" is weather. The Kedge is a "Clear Weather" weapon but the current weather is light low clouds between 5-7 thousand feet (kft). One thing I've noticed is the game is very specific with such things and while good pilots would likely pick their way through light low cloudiness I think the AI is binary, if clouds present then NO!

Attachments
AS14Kedge.jpg
AS14Kedge.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 30 times
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Yes, Weather.

I should probably set up with another loadout. This is what happens you change one seemingly little thing and have an impact somewhere else.

Attachments
AS14Kedge2.jpg
AS14Kedge2.jpg (223.33 KiB) Viewed 28 times
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

So now I don't know! I thought clouds and I even did the "sandbox" test with no weather/clear skies that mission attacked some AMMO bunkers I set up (example above) BUT then I took Arctic Tsunami 2019 and cleared the weather and placed the MiG-29SMTs with the Kedges on a ASuW (land) patrol mission. I then manually ordered them to strike targets and indeed they WILL engage the radars but will not engage the SIGINT Bunkers for anything. All aircraft were near the same altitude (12 to 16 KFT). In the example on this post one radar has been destroyed by a Kedge (near aircraft group), one is being engaged by Kedges and one MiG-29SMT is orbiting the SIGINT bunker without engaging.

So not saying it is a bug but for some reason the Kedge's do not seem to want to attack SIGINT Bunkers in this scenario for anything.

Attachments
AS14Kedge3.jpg
AS14Kedge3.jpg (269.43 KiB) Viewed 28 times

Sharana

Post by Sharana »

Gave you answer here:
fb.asp?m=4567668

If it's intended to take those out with AS-14s you should probably replace them with other buildings.
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

I never intended those particular weapons be used for that mission, but you never know what the player is going to do.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”