Boardgame Silver Bayonet 25th Edition

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

demyansk

Boardgame Silver Bayonet 25th Edition

Post by demyansk »

I bought this game a whil back and I was wondering if anyone has ever played it solitaire? It looks like a great game but I haven't opened the box yet. I also bought the Field of Fire second edition the other day, haven't opened that as well.
Red2112

RE: Boardgame Silver Bayonet 25th Edition

Post by Red2112 »

I have both but as you I havent played them yet. From what I have heard and seen, Silver Bayonet has alot of hidden units and bluff´s in its gameplay, but I have seen someone play the smaller scenarios (played in one of the combat cards). It depends on the scenarios you play, as some use bluffs and others don´t. But like all, people seem to play almost any game no matter if it´s solo friendly or not.

Fields of Fire is solo only so no issues with that.
E

Post by E »

I also have Fields of Fire (FOF) & Silver Bayonet (SB) original. I have played neither as of yet. But I do know from some research that you REALLY need to download updated rules for FOF, if you want to learn to play it. The consensus when it came out was that the rules were all out of order for learning to play the game. But those who plowed through them, absolutely love the game!

Edit: (*forehead slap* ...you have the second edition of FOF, which corrected the rules ordering, I believe)

I bought SB used and years later noted it was missing the charts. I emailed GMT and asked if it were possible to buy replacement charts. They responded by snail mailing original charts, gratis! ABOVE and BEYOND the call of customer service!
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I've FoF 2nd edition but ti's still sealed. [:'(]
Even if it's easier to learn the game with the 2nd edition rulebook, I still think that it's essential to see some playthroughs before reading it:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/228 ... ageid=2184
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks guys for the tips. I also bought the ww2 Warfighter game. I still have the original Ambush game on the shelf. Now, the big problem is to set this up so the cats don't eat the counters. I have one cat that likes to eat puzzle pieces!!!!
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: demyansk

Now, the big problem is to set this up so the cats don't eat the counters. I have one cat that likes to eat puzzle pieces!!!!
Besides eating they like to move the counters as well... [:D]
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Heck yeah, they wreck everything, walk on my table and move things, I might find pieces in the basement. That's one way for the French [:)] to retreat.
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: demyansk

Thanks guys for the tips. I also bought the ww2 Warfighter game. I still have the original Ambush game on the shelf. Now, the big problem is to set this up so the cats don't eat the counters. I have one cat that likes to eat puzzle pieces!!!!

Plexi...

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1770207/third-world-war?size=original
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

I keep checking this thread forgetting that it's now a cat thread.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Cats are present since the original post... [:'(]
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

And I keep forgetting...
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Sorry guys