Naval Air Patrol

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

BK6583

Naval Air Patrol

Post by BK6583 »

This part of the game is driving me nuts. Playing Italy 43-45. Tried moving a ground unit from Bone to Gela. Took losses because the sea area there is neutral. Ok - into the posts I go. I've read and reread the Harrybanana's posts where he manually sets naval patrols and manually pick aircraft to form nice neat sea control paths from Tunis to the Italian mainland and points in between. I simply can't duplicate this. On top of that, three of my NP ADs are blinking and I can't determine why. I really need help here - can anyone provide some specific advice on how to manually set up and manually select aircraft to achieve this sea control?
Helpless

RE: Naval Air Patrol

Post by Helpless »

It should tell you the reason fo no fly status, if hover mouse over blinking title.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
BK6583

Post by BK6583 »

That's just it - the info screens did not tell me the why - just that AC committed was 0 (when I thought I'd committed a Beaufighter (which I set to 'DN)).
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

it is not possible.

Attachments
no fly.jpg
no fly.jpg (79.15 KiB) Viewed 67 times
Pavel Zagzin
BK6583

Post by BK6583 »

Honest - what you have highlighted in red does NOT show up when I get that screen. When I combine this some weird behavior by the 1st Fallschirmjager division I'm wondering if I have a buggy game.
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Since you provide no information what shows up, I can only guess what could be wrong. With very high probability problem is outside the game code.
Pavel Zagzin

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”