Bug distorting MPP loss from convoy attack in 1.03

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Ironclad

Bug distorting MPP loss from convoy attack in 1.03

Post by Ironclad »

This happens occasionally and affects both sides. Its resulting in MPPs being deducted for the full amount from a convoyed area rather than the specific reduction for the attack. So instead of for example a reduction of 10 from a total of 40; all the 40 is being deducted. I suspect its because both - and + signs are being shown together at the start of the line.

Just had it happen again. Norway was due to have deducted all its 40 MPPs for Germany (fair enough given the number of British fleets raiding that route), but instead a total of 80 MPPs were deducted.
IrishGuards

RE: Bug distorting MPP loss from convoy attack in 1.03

Post by IrishGuards »

I have seen the Norway convoy going -14 per turn ... so germany is losing 54 then right ..??
thx
IG
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Not necessarily, I think that's the normal notation eg -14(40) meaning Germany gets 26 that turn. When this bug happens I see both signs shown in front ie +-14(40) or -+14(40) (can't recall which sign appears first), and of course you can see from the total MPPS for that turn that a much higher deduction is occurring than should be the case for the convoy deduction shown.
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Same false deduction again - another excess 40 loss on top of the correct deduction for Norway. This is happening in the same game so I'm checking with my opponent whether he is updated to 1.03 the same as I am.

If it continues I'll have to halt play until its sorted.

Contrary to my initial impression - this problem only seems to be happening in one game. Since noticing the issue, its happened three turns running.

Return to “Tech Support”