Pavlov's House - NOSB (Sov) vs. Pitaman (Axis)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

M60A3TTS

RE: Pavlov's House - NOSB (Sov) vs. Pitaman (Axis)

Post by M60A3TTS »

OUCH indeed.

I am at about the same spot in my game against Pita with one mud turn left. I think I've been warned.
A game

Post by A game »

I am in a game vs Disgruntled Veteran and its around mid 42. I am in full retreat in the south and if I had tried to hold I would have been looking at entire Fronts being surrounded.

We played mild Blizzard and he had a very clever defense so I did almost no damage. His germans are very strong, probably to strong! I think I am in trouble in my game.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Mild blizzard is a very unwise choice for the R player now the combat casualty ratios stuff the soviets in '41 and '42, even when they win the combats (which means that the 1:1 to 2:1 option is no longer that helpful). G can and should start their '42 O in Feb as I did vs Brian.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
NotOneStepBack

Post by NotOneStepBack »

Surprisingly, the last few turns I've been able to mount a defense and even counter attack his spear heads. I'll get some pics up later but I'm giving him a fight as compared to our last game. The main difference has been my conservation of trucks.

Pita can comment if he wishes.

Sorry for the slow updates on this one, I've been involved in other wargaming priorities.
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

Looking forward to the pics. Pita has been under the weather lately, so I'm waiting on his first clear '42 turn.
NotOneStepBack

Post by NotOneStepBack »

Ok, Turn 54 here is the current situation. June 25, 1942

Before I move anything

I hold him in the northwest near moscow, but he has achieved a small pincer in the center-south. The far south is very weak and I have actually advanced down there near the Romanians. I'm making him pay for any real estate, that's for sure.

Most of the panzer units at the break out point are 5 to 10 CV, I can push them around a little, but they have some punch. My tank corps are being exercised.

NotOneStepBack

Post by NotOneStepBack »

Turn 59, after a very long fight, Pita finally got Moscow, but he paid for it.

NotOneStepBack

Post by NotOneStepBack »

I've surrendered. Pita has Moscow and is about to take Stalingrad of which I could not stop him. My manpower pools have dwindled and I'm pushing around shells yet again. He is a very good player!!

Return to “After Action Reports”