Bay of Bengal Reworked but need Help

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Seufner

Bay of Bengal Reworked but need Help

Post by Seufner »

Hallo,
i want to win this scenario from the Fleet Command (reworked for Command by Sabot105mm) . I found it at the scenario pack 34 and reworked it. But i still have trouble to win against the Admiral Nakhimov.

I take the Nimitz Compositon from 1998 (change a few things at the Nimitz CWG), wich includes more f-18. But how can i get through the Shield of the Admiral Nakhimov.
Last Try: 10 F-18C with 2 Harpoon (20) and 3x with 2 HARMS. 20 Harpoons and 6 Harms + Prowler with Offensive Electronic. No Chance.
Or should i ignore it. Alternative is a first Strike before they ready up.

Or can i get some advise to take out a ship with 64 Missile Defense like the Admiral Nakhimov or even harder a Ticonderoga (80 Missile defense)

If anybody want my changes to this Scenario call me. I included the 2 Los Angeles from orginal Scenario and the orginal Air Wing of the Nimitz 1998:

VF-211 Checkmates F-14A 12x

VMFA-314 Black Knights FA-18C(N) 10x

VFA-146 Blue Diamonds FA-18C(N) 12x

VFA-147 Argonauts FA-18C(N) 12x

VAW-112 Golden Hawks E-2C 4x

HS-8 Eightballers SH-60F/HH-60H 6x

VAQ-138 Yellow Jackets EA-6B 6x

VS-33 Screwbirds S-3B 6x

VQ-5 DET.D Sea Shadows ES-3A 4x

VRC-30 DET.4 Providers C-2A 4x
Cik

RE: Bay of Bengal Reworked but need Help

Post by Cik »

i'd use mass HARMs instead if possible. harpoons are simply too slow. if you can, try to close to a reasonably close range before firing. if you fire at max range it will have more time to chip away at the swarm.

if it's just one ship knocking out it's missile defense FCRs is the way to go, then you can follow-on with a few harpoons to sink it. you may also want to try defeating it's missile defenses by not using missiles. missile defenses don't work against torpedoes.
Seufner

Post by Seufner »

First thx.
It is a Group. With a Indian carrier.
But your tip is good. Harpoons seems to be so slow. Used 8 F-18 with Walleys for other ships. Maybe i must risk my Angeles' and go with this.
In the orginal scenario at Fleet Command it was much easier.

But im a beginner. so i will test and test it

My load out: for attack:

6 EA-6B Prowler: 6 Harms
10 F-18C: 20 Harpoon IC
6 F-18c: 12 Harms
6 F-18c: 12 AGM-84E Slam
Cik

Post by Cik »

without looking at the scenario i can't tell, but if the battlegroup is smaller than yours you may just be able to swim up to it and shoot it to death at close range with ship-launched harpoons, sea sparrows and cannon fire. that will get around it's missile defense as well, though of course it's a bit of a gamble unless you have clear fire superiority.
Seufner

Post by Seufner »

Ok. Thx.

I added my Attack force. But i think i must take your way :).

I must do this "Your forces are to transit to Southwest coast of Sri Lanka to pressure India to withdraw forces"

and maybe i focus to hard to kill them.

Return to “The War Room”